Equipment to transfer video from Camcorder to PC

  T@M 22:37 24 Nov 2007


Before I press the buy button could someone confirm if this would be the correct hardware I need to transfer video from my Mini-DV camcorder (it has a DV out socket). PC does not have a firewire port.

click here

click here


  MCE2K5 23:12 24 Nov 2007

1st one, Yes,

2nd one, Cann't see.

  T@M 07:01 25 Nov 2007


Its the 1st one I'm not too sure about the second is a 3.0m Philex (75188HS) IEEE1394 FireWire Cabling Kit which has converters from 6-6, 6-4, 4-4 & I'm pretty sure that should cover most eventualities.

Thanks again

  MCE2K5 22:16 25 Nov 2007

All you need is a 6 pin to 4 pin Firewire cable.

But the one in your second link will do the job.

p.s. My Firewire Cable cost £25.00, But it was 6 years ago.

  anchor 10:48 26 Nov 2007

I often transfer video this from my Sony mini DV camera. Windows movie maker will then do the trick.

First, you will need a firewire card and a suitable cable.

Card & Cable from Amazon, £8, (plus P/P)- look at "Perfect Partner".

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017