equifax problems

sunny staines 18:15 13 Mar 2008

tried to open a savings account [not asking credit or loan]building society declined because of equifax report. Rang equifax had to pay to get a copy of their info which showed nothing bad just a record of old cancelled credit cards and loans which were all paid off normally. equifax tell me the buildingsociety must have miss read it. the building society will not comment other than take it up with equifax.
going nowhere now looking elsewhere but will miss out on good rates.
anyone else had problems with equifax?

I would say that too many building societys are looking for no problems with credit, personally I used click here and they give you your credit report free for 30 days and all records of your credit past are held for 6 years!
You can have records deleted if you have paid them off, all you have to do is get hold of the report team and they will advise you of what to do next.

€dstowe 07:54 14 Mar 2008

Any bank/building society that is so keen NOT to have your money should be given a wide berth - it is they who will be losing out, not you.

Take your savings (and Equifax report) to somewhere more accommodating and tell them what happened.

spuds 12:19 14 Mar 2008

The problem is nowadays that banks and finance houses are tightening up on new account holder applications, due to worldwide concerns. Seeing cancelled credit cards, can perhaps lead to the bank thinking in terms of certain new customers are chasing a rainbow (0% interest fees), and not going to support the bank in the longterm.

I had a slight problem with a credit reference agency 3/4 years ago, and I sought help and advice from the Data Protection Commissioner. Total waste of time. In that instant, it was a case of the credit agency stating that two of the same named (identical/independent?) person lived at my home address. Its was a long confusing story with headaches attached, and not worth the review!.

sunny staines 15:27 14 Mar 2008

thanks for all the feedback applied elsewhere now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017