Epson Stylus C60 Problem

Bingalau 21:19 07 Jul 2007

My Epson Stylus C60 seeems to have given up the ghost. Would it be cheaper to buy a new one or have this one repaired? ..Bingalau..

spuds 23:04 07 Jul 2007

Buy a new one. I recently had a problem with a Epson Stylus C86, and checking with the local Epson authorised service agent was quoted £40.00 or there abouts for a repair and service check. Ended up in PC World and bought a new HP C3180 for £39.95.

The Epson still lays there waiting possible repair. Might have an attempt myself, as I previously saved £30.00 in cleaning out the waste ink tank myself (this might be your problem?). The only reason that I am considering trying a repair myself, is due to a large supply of replacement cartridges that I have for the C86.

Totally-braindead 23:32 07 Jul 2007

Have to agree with spuds its cheaper to buy a new one. Unless as he says you can manage to repair it yourself, if its knackered then you can't make it any worse by trying to fix it yourself can you?

pj123 13:49 08 Jul 2007

If it is the waste ink syndrome my local Epson Express Centre charges a flat fee of £15 to reset.

Find you nearest centre:

click here

see what they say.

My friend has an 895 which suffered the same problem. He was charged £15 and all is now working fine.

Having said that he has just emailed me to tell me he has just bought a new Epson R265 (to be able to print direct to CD/DVD) for £36.

That sounds like a pretty good price to me, so I have asked him where he got it and do they have any more.

Depends on how much you value your C60 whether you buy another or not. If you do decide to buy a later model, most of them can be modified so that the waste ink problem does not arise.

I have 2 Epson R220 printers, both modified and both now using a CIS system. No more waste ink problems. There is a thread on the Forum which gives instructions on how to perform the Mod. I will find it and post it.

pj123 14:25 08 Jul 2007

Found the thread. How to perform modifications on specific Epson printers:

click here

Totally-braindead 15:17 08 Jul 2007

Thank you pj123 I've bookmarked that for future reference. I've got a rather old Epson 680, had it about 5 years with a reasonable amount of use but no problems, you never know though.

spuds 16:10 08 Jul 2007

pj123

Only £15.00 for a waste tank reset!. The local Epson agent quoted me £30.00, but that did include new pads (which he had to order).

At the same time he offered a part exchange price for a more expensive Epson printer. Didn't accept, even with discount the model was far to expensive compared to the PCW replacement.

As suggested, I did the job myself (watch the casing plastic lugs)with the aid of lukewarm water. Took about half an hour, and that time involved, sussing the job out.

Bingalau 20:08 08 Jul 2007

Thanks for all the answers folks. Sorry to take so long to reply but I have been away for a couple of days. I think I would not hesitate to buy a new model, but as spuds mentioned above, I also have quite stock of cartridges bought from Choice Stationery. I actually had a problem a few months ago with this same printer and stripped it down and fixed it. But I think this is something else, beyond my capabilities.
pj123.
That one your friend bought sounds like a bargain, If you find out where he bought it can you enlighten me too, I copy some CD's for relations and it would look more professional, if I could print straight on to a CD.
I will also bookmark the site for modifications. Just in case. Thanks again to all who have helped. ..Bingalau..

Totally-braindead 20:17 08 Jul 2007

Found it at £51.99 click here looks like that price was a total bargain £49.95 at Amazon click here and that was the best price I could find.

Bingalau 20:42 08 Jul 2007

Totally-braindead. Thanks for the info. will have a look and a think, before I commit myself.

Totally-braindead 20:44 08 Jul 2007

Wait and see if pj123 can find out whos selling them at such a good price, I'm sure if he finds out he'll pass it on. Amazons price is not bad if you can take advantage of the rather slow free delivery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?