Epson Printer how to reset cartridge count

joethebow 22:40 13 Jan 2006

Every time you use an Epson printer it counts and after so many counts the ink cartridge reports out of ink weather or not it is. Also after a certain number of counts the printer reports 'Due Service' and refuses to work until it is serviced.

This means that you can not refil cartridges because the count says they are empty and you may well throw away half full cartridges because the count says they are empty.

The utility programme below can either freeze the count or reset it to zero. So now you can use every drop of ink in the cartridge and refill it afterwards.

click here

jack 14:39 14 Jan 2006

Thank you Joethebow
for bringing a reminder to those that are newish browsers
This excellent utility does come up on Epson conversations all the time.

Meanwhiler after prolonged use the service call also refers to the waste ink chamber needs emptying, referred to quite often.
How do do this depends on the model of printer, but ask here quoting the model number and those that know I am sure will come up with the answers.
You can also surf to click here
Where all this useful info resides, and of course our very own search panel - once the MS add that is messing stuff up is sorted.

v1asco 21:42 18 Jan 2006

Works fine on my epson PS750

jakimo 22:26 18 Jan 2006

There is no software solution for the Epson "R" printer range,when the message "Parts inside your printer are at the end of there life" appear.

But there is a claimed manual solution,which can be found in SSC LG forums, and is recommended by SSC members .

bluto1 22:32 18 Jan 2006

joethebow,
Hi mate, perhaps the most important thing to remember is that your printer is a mechanical
piece of equipment and needs fairly regular servicing. My old printer is a C44UX and I`ve just paid only £25.00 to have it serviced and the counters reset by an Epson authorised servicer. On the other hand if you care to look in the archives and search for it you`ll find exactly how to reset your counters. A little zeal is all it takes. Good luck

jack 09:16 19 Jan 2006

Jackimo
Having has a 2nd replacement R300 ailing , Epson sent an engineer.
He played for a while trying this that and the other thing and said in exasperation, OK have another and went to his van to bring machine no3.
When going he sadi - here is ihowto to reset and R machine
withe the machine off - press 'service' 'OK' and 'Custom' together then whilst holding those 3 down press 'On.

Hey presto! Machine Reset

rmcqua 09:50 19 Jan 2006

bluto1
Whilst I admire your eco-frendliness, I don't understand why you would spend £25 on servicing your C44UX when you can buy a new C46UX for £33.

johndrew 12:13 19 Jan 2006

My son bought a `zapper` for his cartriges. I f it comes up empty he either resets it or refils & resets it. Or is there another Epson cut out I`m not aware of?

lamda 11:28 21 Jan 2006

into my postings

jakimo 22:29 21 Jan 2006

Thats the same solution as in SSC,but did he say how to empty the ink sump ?,an SSC subscriber claims that he recovered over a litre of ink,seems a lot to me.

By the way how old was your r300 when Epson agreed to the exchange

jack 17:30 22 Jan 2006

Jackimo
My original R300 was 18 months old when it went beserk- Subject to a long string here- Epson contacted and offered a replacement on a fixed fee exchange basis [£45 they do this across the board for all sorts of stuff] having agreed Fedex arrived next morning= with the replacement and took the old one away- This one failed about a month or so ago - but replacements are covered by a one year warranty just like new- so this is currently machine 3.

I find the litre of ink story a bit far fetched
the waste ink chamber stretched across the width of the machine and is filled with an absorbant fibre pad which can be washed and dried. the capacity of the chamber measured in cube may be 1000cc but that is not a litre of ink it is a 1000cc lump wet with ink- or some such .
As for gewtting at the chamger the models do very
essential remove top cover -x-head screes and the chamber can be seen as a black plastic tracy across the base of tyhe machine useually held in by one screw on one side and luds through chassis on other- I can be very messy -A gloves bin bags in the garden job reccommended.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?