Epson Printer Deal at PC World

gcs_uk 22:18 21 Sep 2003

Went to purchase a new printer today and decided upon the Epson Stylus C44.

The price on the tag said £49.99.

When I got to checkout I was told if I bought a USB cable I could have both of them for £24.98 as they were doing a special offer.

Got home and the printer does everything that I need and it prints on card as well (this is a reference to a previous post I made) so I am very happy with my purchase.

Giantsquid 22:53 21 Sep 2003

Seems good to me glad that you are happy with it and I hope that it does all the jobs you require it to do, good printers Epson. I find them noisy but brilliant whan you set them up right and print on good quility paper,

have fun.

gcs_uk 23:04 21 Sep 2003

You know I thought that to about Epson printers my previous printer was an Epson and saying it wsa noisy was an understatement - it sounded like a train was running thru my dining room but this printer is much quieter.

But I suspect some more expensive printers would probably seem to be noiseless compared to my new epson, I suppose it all a matter of perception and what you are used to.

I am sure my broadband connection is slower now I have been using it for a few months :0)

Djohn 11:39 22 Sep 2003

You've got yourself a good bargain there, well done! You can pay more than that for one ink cartridge for some printers. Being an Epson it will last for a long time, and if you use compatible ink it will be cheap to run as well. j.

tezmo 12:19 22 Sep 2003

Hi,
I have just renewed my 890 for the new HP PHOTOSMART 7200 and wow what a diffrence from the epson........

Now I want to sell the 890 but looked everyware for the original price so i can decide how much i want to sell this epson 890..For.

would appreciate and suggested prices it 14month old..and nothing wrong with it..

Tez

Southernboy 13:25 22 Sep 2003

Seems to be on sale everywhere. Mine cost £19.99 plus £9.99 for a USB cable from Time, so PCW is cheaper.

Yes, it is very noisy indeed and, despite the fact it claims "up to 11ppm", I'd like to know how this cane be achieved given it is a USB 1 printer.

Djohn 13:33 22 Sep 2003

USB just means that the data can be transfered much quicker to the device that is using it. It is the engine of the printer that will determine the actual printing speed. Not quite sure how they test for output speed but it always seems to be lower in real time use on all printers. Regards. j.

Q-Bie 16:03 22 Sep 2003

The C44-Plus is the one on sale at PC World, not the C44 UX. The plus has a slightly faster print speed I believe (At least thats what the epson rep told us when the new ranges came out!)

Spencus 00:11 24 Sep 2003

You should have started a new thread!

However Dabbs were selling the 890 for £99 at the begining of the year,and last year they were selling for £156

XFX 00:25 24 Sep 2003

I have got the Epson C42ux, cheap on cartridges, but quality of prints was much better with Lexmark.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017