Epson issues with xp service pack 2

jakimo 12:51 07 Aug 2004

Epson are not releasing compatible drivers for use with XP service pack 2 until Nov.at the earliest: just follow the links

click here

Urotsukidoji 12:55 07 Aug 2004

thats ok cos SP" aint out yet

Al94 12:56 07 Aug 2004

In fairness the issues appear minor with intermediate workarounds.

Stuartli 12:56 07 Aug 2004

Some people have beta versions.

Urotsukidoji 12:57 07 Aug 2004

or SP2 even :oP

jakimo 13:16 07 Aug 2004

Some are not released until Jan\2005

Have not checked, but other peripheral brands may be effected,

ensonricky 14:09 07 Aug 2004

It is ridiculous to expect manufacturers of hardware to release drivers for beta versions of service packs. Especially one whose release is currently suspended indefinately. This rampant palm sweating generating excitement over the release of SP2 baffles me,

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:19 07 Aug 2004

My Epson printer and scanner work fine with SP2 beta.

I have to echo ensonricky, all this unatural feverishness over SP2 beats me completely. There is virtually no differnce visually and I get the feeling that some people are getting over-excited or have too few interests in life.

G

Forum Editor 19:01 07 Aug 2004

SP2 has a lot to offer, but as yet hardly anyone knows about it. This is a major Microsoft Service pack, and no doubt everyone will eventually be running it. Give it a chance - there are some real benefits for the average user.

Drivers should not be an issue, and I suggest that you wait until the full release.

Q-Bie 21:09 07 Aug 2004

Considering the Release to Web date for SP2 is supposedly tomorrow (later in the week for windows update)

click here

November is a bit long to wait. The printer will still work though from what I've read, it's just a few problems with print preview functions etc..

Q-Bie 21:12 07 Aug 2004

Ooops.. I keep thinking it's sunday today. Release to web is Monday :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?