Epson and HP increasing prices on ink

pj123 13:44 17 Jun 2008

Just had an email from Choice Stationery advising me that Epson and HP are going to raise their prices for ink by up to 14 percent from next week.

If you need ink for these printers get it this week.

Not a problem for me because I have a CIS System on both my Epson printers. I buy ink in bulk.

Stuartli 14:10 17 Jun 2008

7DayShop has sent a similar message earlier this week.

961 15:17 17 Jun 2008

Please get real

What are these guys about?

€dstowe 17:04 17 Jun 2008

All this will do is to encourage more people to use looky-likeys and refills.

There is no need for genuine ink to cost that much - as illustrated quite well by the price of compatibles that are available.

Perhaps printer manufacturers should start thinking about putting a realistic price on printers instead of using them as loss leader in order to make up the shortfall in the huge cost of ink cartridges.

jack 17:04 17 Jun 2008

Is to increase prices- when the existing prices are already off the planet.
Yeah it figures.

Meanwhile of course the 'Cloners' will up theirs even if it is only a little bit- thats for sure.

gazzaho 22:23 17 Jun 2008

Well if that's the case can anyone recommend a refill supplier? I was paying for genuine cartridges because they're easy to get retail and because there is always the chance of ink leakage. But if they want to rip people off then so be it, a new printer is pretty cheap these days, if ink leaks then I'll buy a new one.

Joe R 22:28 17 Jun 2008

gazzaho,

Good prices, free delivery, and good compatibles. click here

gardener 22:39 17 Jun 2008

Another sort of fuel crisis then? :)

belfman 23:01 17 Jun 2008

On my home printer I'm still on the inks that came with it yonks ago. On the basis I'll replace inks once a year I'll stick to originals in my printer. I print constantly but in minimum quantities.

gazzaho 23:12 17 Jun 2008

Joe R

Thanks for the link I'll give them a try.

belfman

I wouldn't consider calling you a liar for one moment, but I have to say that replacing your ink cartridges once a year is amazing! Seriously, I'm not a heavy user by any means, printing the odd letter, receipt and DVD is all, and I would still go through perhaps six or eight sets of cartridges on average a year!

belfman 08:43 18 Jun 2008

click here

My inks are more than half full after 5 months of owning the printer. The inks are the originals, I'm led to believe they contain less ink than authentic replacement inks. So on the basis my usage of the last 5 months stays the same.... 1 set will last me a year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017