Epson CX5200 setting up problems

Linda-225932 16:12 22 Sep 2003

Having purchased the Epson CX5200 printer/scanner/copier I set about installing software CD. It would not load properly - kept freezing. Hours later in desperation I contacted the Epson Help Desk who suggested I download printer driver from the Epson website, with their help this worked and the printer is working. Unfortunately this Technician did not understand scanners so I was transferred to another department. Not such a helpful person here, he diagnosed a faulty disk (I had sussed that myself)and said I would need a new disc. I am still waiting. This machine also has an online instruction manual, how can I print a copy? there isn't one to download from the web site.

Djohn 17:32 22 Sep 2003

The manual may be on the install CD. Insert the CD and then click on exit when it auto starts. Go to your CD Drive icon, right click and choose "Explore". you should be able to read it from there, also copy the manual to a folder in your "My Documents" or do a print-out.

The on-line bit sometimes means that it's opened and read through Explorer without actually going on-line. j.

The Paul 13:42 23 Sep 2003

Sorry to hear you are having probs. I have the CX5200 and all went wonderfully 1st go. The userguide is on the CD. It is the 2nd option when the CD auto loads.

Hope you get it sorted out. Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie