Is Epson CX 3650 all in one printer a good buy?

Europa 21:33 11 Mar 2005

I was looking in PC World to buy a Epson C86 when I spotted the Epson CX3650. I am looking at a good quality printer for graphics and photos and cheap to run. Will the CX3650 give me the same quality print (with the added bonus of a scanner and standalone copier)than the C86. I was told in the shop that they give both the same quality prints but I didn't feel I could take what the sale assistant was saying for granted so I decided to search for information first before deciding which one I'm gonna go for. There is only a difference of £15 between the two.

spuds 23:00 11 Mar 2005

CX3650 click here C86 click here

Europa 00:22 12 Mar 2005

It seems that the Epsom CX3650 and the CX3600 are the same printer but I cannot find any feedback or reviews from people who have been using one. (Except for the PC Advisor review, that is). Has anyone got one and are you happy with it?

pj123 11:42 12 Mar 2005

There shouldn't be any difference in print quality between these two printers. The only snag with MFDs, of course, is that if one part goes wrong it all goes wrong, as a friend of mine found to his cost. The scanner section on his MFD stopped working. He can still use it as a printer but no scanner and no copier. The repair estimate was more than the cost of a new printer. He opted for a new printer.

Europa 14:22 12 Mar 2005

Thank pj123, if the print quality is the same, I might get the MFD, I understand what you say about these multifunction devices, usually I am against them, but I had a look at Comet website and they are selling the Epson 3600 and the epson C86 for the same price(£69.99) so as long as the printing part stand the distance, I would consider the scanner and copier as a bonus.

pj123 16:35 12 Mar 2005

That doesn't mean that all MFDs are the same. It could last a week, it could last for years. My friends MFD was a Xerox, not Epson.

Whatever you decide make sure you buy your replacement ink from Choice Stationery at click here

Whaty 12:49 15 Mar 2005

Sorry, bit late adding to this thread but.. If you have a look at ebuyer this MFD does get a lot of good reviews from users...

Wuggy 18:38 17 Mar 2005

Another late addition - bought Epson CX3650 in Currys at weekend. (Previous Epson went belly up after 7 years hard labour). Find print quality is first class, operation very quiet, scans fairly quickly as well. Pointed out in shop that their web site were doing it for £69.99 as opposed to £85 in shop. Salesperson spoke to Manager and I got printer at web price. Can't be bad!!

Europa 21:19 18 Mar 2005

Whaty and Wuggy, thank you for your late addition, have been ordering an Epson CX3600 from comet, will be delivered tomorrow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?