Epsom 830 printer

zebbydog 13:50 28 Apr 2003

I bought an epsom 830 6 months ago and have started having problems, where i bought it said epsom would deal with it and gave me a phone number to call.

Epsom would not do anything about it because it did not have genuine epsom ink, ie no warrantry unless i put their ink back in it.

So beware anybody thinking of buying an epsom product.

pj123 14:14 28 Apr 2003

Epson can only do that if they can prove that it was the compatible ink cartridge that caused the problem. I have been using compatible ink in all my 3 Epson printers for a long time now. When I had a problem with one of them I rung Epson and they sent me a new printer and took the old one away with no problems.

zebbydog 15:42 28 Apr 2003

Epsom would not even look at my printer with compatible ink cartridges in after 2 long phone calls never mind send me a new one.

In the end the local shop were i buy quite a bit of stuff sorted me out with a c82 and took the 830 back. I hope i have no trouble with this one.

lovelylel 15:46 28 Apr 2003

I also have an 830 running on compatibles. Had some problems a while ago, rang the helpline and was asked about the cartridges. Fibbed and said original, and the chap at epson could not have been more helpful. The way I look at it, if they will only accept back a printer wuth original cartridge, maybe we should keep one to hand. Needless to say my problem was not with the catridge, just my ignornace!

pj123 16:22 28 Apr 2003

I am very surprised at the response you got from Epson. I told them I was using compatible ink cartridges but the problem was nothing to do with the ink. I have posted several good reports about Epson on the Consumer Watch Forum (even got one printed in PC Advisor Magazine)

Maybe I ought to review this.

Do we have a Representative from Epson on the Helpline Forum????

zebbydog 16:37 28 Apr 2003

If i get trouble with the c82 i will try the i have epsom cartridge approach next time.

But as i use quite a lot as i do photo,s it is to dear to use them all the time.

Thank you all for the responce

Zebby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?