EPC Buyer

Digital 14:43 18 Aug 2006

A family member has ordered a PC from EPC Buyer Ltd. The cost was debited to the credit card the next day but so far there's no sign of the PC & attempts to contact EPC by phone just leave the phone ringing. Has anyone else had any problems with this company?

n4165si 15:31 18 Aug 2006

yes i have i ordered a flash drive that was in stock so far no delivery but they have debited my card . i have phoned e,mailed 3 times they do not respond i hope i haven,t been conned let me know how you get on or perhaps a case for pc adviser
n4165si

Digital 16:32 18 Aug 2006

n4165si, my relative tells me that he did get confirmation that the PC has been despatched today by carrier. Don't know if contact was by phone or e-mail. I'll let you know when/if PC arrives! It's very naughty to debit a card before despatching the item; it makes me think the outfit is running with very small cash reserves!

spuds 11:53 19 Aug 2006

More and more smaller companies are obtaining payment before the product is made, due to component ordering. Not right by some standards perhaps, but if payment is by credit card or computer finance agreement, then you have safeguards in place.

Digital 13:15 19 Aug 2006

I know what you mean about component ordering spuds but it makes you wary & wonder what aftersales service will be like!

I've discovered that the dispatch date was originally to be the 6th but when it hadn't turned up by the 18th, the 18th became the dispatch date!

n4165si 16:43 21 Aug 2006

still no responce from this company ,im beginning to doubt if this company is still in business they dont answer either emails or phones, it will definitly be the one and only time i shall ever use them ,its now the 21st for something that was in stock on the 6th when i ordered it .
n4165si

Digital 18:45 21 Aug 2006

n4165si don't despair! My relative's PC was delivered today, admittedly well outside the 3 to 10 days quoted. Keep trying to get hold of them; can't you track the order on their website?

I'll let you know what the quality of the PC is like . I'm just off to "supervise" the installation & fire-up.

Digital 21:28 21 Aug 2006

n4165si, the PC arrived safely & fired up correctly first time. It was well packaged & all the bits were present. Hope your item soon arrives - keep pestering them!

n4165si 14:11 25 Aug 2006

do not buy from this company unless you are prepared to put up with bad service, no aftersales service, a company that does not answer any emails does not answer telephone calls .who as i have previously stated debits your card on placement of order and does not give you a delivery date.i think that buyer beware comes to mind. you have been warned.
n4165si

GettinBetter 18:17 16 Sep 2006

I have just started the cancellation proceedure with my C.Card. I ordered a PC from EPCBuyer and was quoted 3-10 days delivery, after 15 days I contacted then through their online messaging service, and received the reply

"Many apologies for the delay, we are just in the process of establishing an accurate delivery date and will update you shortly.
Regards, customer services "

A week later still no reply.

The way I see it is, if you are no happy with the service, then take your busines elsewhere, and thats exactly what I plan to do.

Give this company a wide berth, at least untill they clean up their act.

n4165si 13:38 19 Sep 2006

thought you would all like to know after e mails non answered tele calls on an order originally 3to 5 days promised delivery from stock ordered on the 6th august and still showing today as not delivered i have finally seen the the light and cancelled. just be very careful before you use this company .they are definitly on my no no list.
n4165si

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?