Envolope Address Labels

tonyq 20:07 11 Oct 2008

Are all Envolope Address Labels(eg Avery)the same,or are some better than others?.

awest3 20:11 11 Oct 2008

Avery tend to be the standard and most often specified in software so easy to use...I've had issues with others sheets sticking not feeding properly etc..

Al

€dstowe 22:01 11 Oct 2008

Stay with Avery. I've had loads of problems with so-called bargain brands.

jaraba 22:36 11 Oct 2008

Have used bargain brands for years & so far, touch wood, never had any problems with tham.

Woolwell 23:24 11 Oct 2008

I've used Tesco's with no trouble at all.

€dstowe 07:16 12 Oct 2008

The problems I've had with cheap labels include label parting from the backing inside the printer - result - complex stripping of printer to remove. Plus inkjet labels being miss-identified as suitable for a laser printer, adhesive melts and wrecks the fuser roller. Fortunately, that was in a printer with a self contained cartridge/fuser roller so replacement wasn't too onerous.

BT 08:21 12 Oct 2008

I've been using PC Worlds own brand for years with no problem.
The only downside is that there is only a limited range compared with Avery, but they do have the most commonly used sizes.

jaraba 13:38 12 Oct 2008

Only used inkjet printers & not lasers.

tonyq 17:04 12 Oct 2008

Thank you all for your input. It seems I need to use Avery to be on the safe side. Two more things if you would be so kind as to help me.
1.What are good fonts to use?
2.Why use Labels instead of printing directly onto the envelopes?

Bob S 18:01 12 Oct 2008

I print directly onto envelopes if need only a small quantity but labels if I have many. It's quicker. I always use an Arial font as addresses need to be clearly readable. I have used cheaper labels purchased on eBay for several years and never had a problem, but I guess I've been lucky.

shellship 18:43 12 Oct 2008

Like Bob S I always use envelopes for small numbers but if I am doing a large number, usually from a mail merge, then I always use Avery labels, having had problems with the cheaper ones. It only needs one problem to make one convinced!
Got my wife a Dymo label printer as her printer is not so good at printing envelopes and she swears by it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?