Envelope printing?

Kaarthuul 11:31 11 May 2006

Hi All

Can anybody advise on a printer that can print large quantities of envelopes for mail outs?

I currently print to labels, and would like to be able to print directly to the envelopes. Mono laser would be my first choice, preferably with a duplex unit to do the letters as well.

Regards

Clive

€dstowe 14:29 11 May 2006

I usually suggest window envelopes so that the address header on the enclosed letter shows through. This cuts out a whole process of printing the envelope and looks professional. (It must be good because lots and lots of people use window envelopes)

For folding the letter (assuming a trifold sheet) it's easy with experience to fold at the correct position but it is always possible to put a small marker on the letter template at an approriate place to indicate one third down (or up) the page. This is 99mm on A4.

pj123 16:16 11 May 2006

I agree with €dstowe as well. I always use Window envelopes for my bulk mailings. Saves half the time. Print the letter, fold it, stick it in the envelope, job done.

I do have Avery Labels but I only use a label when I am re-using the envelope.

I get lots of stuff in jiffy/padded envelopes which I keep. If I then need to post out a protected item I re-use one of these envelopes and use a label to cover up my address. I find it difficult to remove old labels without destroying the envelope.

bluto1 22:49 11 May 2006

Are you the guys sending me all that mail?
Only joking, and I agree, window envelopes are infinitely less hassle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone