Electronic gadget for storing addresses and notes?

sheila.weston 15:17 09 Mar 2011

I have a very bad shaky hand and the 'phone book which I keep by the 'phone is getting unreadable. Is there a simple electronic 'notebook' which I could use? I don't want any other apps - just names with addreeses, phone nos and notes.

finerty 17:44 09 Mar 2011

argos use to do simple pda machines that you just enter such data im not sure if they still do them

canarieslover 19:24 09 Mar 2011

I hope you have better luck than me. I have been looking for a replacement for my old Sharp (about 15 years old now) for the last two years but have not found anything that will suit. I'm afraid that modern mobiles seem to have done away for the need for organisers. The nearest that I have seen on-line is a really cheap one from Amazon. click here
This one at least has keyboard entry rather than trying to poke the correct letter on a touch screen with a stylus. If you do find a source for a better one then please post it on here as I will be very interested.

sheila.weston 22:24 09 Mar 2011

Yes, I have seen the Amazon PDA before, but feel that it is to cheap to be of any use. If no-one suggests anything else I may give it a go.

many thanks.

morddwyd 08:44 10 Mar 2011

You might like to try and look for a voice activated device before you finally decide.

"Find 'sheila weston'", "New Contact" etc will avoid the use of the hands altogether.

HondaMan 12:17 10 Mar 2011

An older style Psion 5MX might suit

xania 13:53 10 Mar 2011

What about click here?

Covergirl 15:02 11 Mar 2011

Do you own a mobile phone? They often have facilities to enter name, phone number, address and notes, often with several sets of details for one entry.

sheila.weston 09:53 12 Mar 2011

Many thanks, all. I have ordered the Jaytec from Amazon (hopefully post-free). One of the reviews says that it doesn't store full addresses, only 'phone numbers, but I think that I can find a use for it.

Interesting about the voice-activated machine. It might not work very well for me as I have a voice-as well as hand-dystonia, but keyboards are OK.

I'll report back.

sheila.weston 16:33 16 Mar 2011

The Jaytec arrived this morning post-free from Amazon. It is ideal for storing phone numbers, but there is no room for adding anything other than the name on the first line and numbers on the second and third lines.

The directions are very easy to follow. It has a memo section, but won't allow an address to be put in this unless it is all on one line.

Additionally there is a currency converter for euros and a few other European currencies. Also an alarm and a scheduler to set up the alarm to go off at the same time each day.

I am not sure how long the batteries would last if it was left on for a daily alarm call, nor if all the data disappears if the batteries run out! All in all, though, pretty good gadgetry for £10.

Thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?