EClipse Computers in Coventry

rickf 17:35 05 Feb 2011

JUst bought 8gb DDR3 2X4GB memory from the above. Hope they are OK as I have not seen any complaints on this forum about them. Bit late now as I have paid for them but reassurance would be great.

birdface 18:27 05 Feb 2011

Maybe you should have checked before you bought it.

click here

Some more to have a look at.
i have never used them so cannot comment on them.

click here

rickf 20:00 05 Feb 2011

Now I am worried after those reviews. Can't do anything else now so wait and see.

birdface 21:03 05 Feb 2011

I think most folk on here use Crucial to scan there computers and to supply the Memory.
I understand that they may be a bit more expensive than some others but I have heard no complaints about their service.
No doubt your memory will arrive on schedule so just a matter of waiting to see.

rickf 23:17 05 Feb 2011

Didn't use Crucial as I knew exactly what my memory sticks specs are. Anyway,will post back next week.

spuds 23:28 05 Feb 2011

Use to buy PC133 memory from them, and still have machines working okay with the same sticks, and thats after about 6+ years.

Considering Eclipse of Coventry have some bad reviews, they are still in business after many years, so all cannot be bad?.

rickf 10:11 06 Feb 2011

Spuds, I thought that too. Can't be all bad as they are an established online retailer for all these years. Still if you spent a fair amount with them one bad experience is enough.

Forum Editor 15:17 06 Feb 2011

one bad experience is enough."

Yes, but it's one bad experience, and isn't in itself a fair basis for deciding whether or not you should buy from a company.

As you've said, this supplier has been established for a long time, and that in itself is an indication that the people who run it are doing things right most of the time.

rickf 15:53 06 Feb 2011

With due respect I wouldn't agree. When you buy things you don't need hassles if they are caused by the retailer's inefficiency. Third party problems are different.

rickf 13:49 10 Feb 2011

Just to post back and say everything is OK. memory arrived in very good time and is working properly. Also they did reply to my email re delivery and tracking.
Most complaints I read were about unsatisfactory after sales service though.
To be fair everything went w/o a hitch so will use agin.
I didn't want to close this thread w/o posting back in case potential buyers are put off by my title.

birdface 15:09 10 Feb 2011

Thanks for comming back and letting us know the outcome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?