Eclipse Broadband

Red Knight 10:54 02 Nov 2006

Howdy all!

I'm looking to get another BB service, after being with BT I think I need something that provides a little bit more (was on 2Mbs, 2GB limit). Was gonna go for Pipex but they're pretty much the same as BT now.
Found Eclipse and they seem to have a good deal on (£12.99 for 1st 3 months then £18.99 for last 9 months: up to 8Mbs, 10GB limit), just wondering if anyone here has used them/know anyone that's used them.

Tim

AngeTheHippy 17:46 04 Nov 2006

I've been with Eclipse for 2 1/2 years now. I moved away from London to the country, VERY rural, and when I enquired with BT whether I could have BB, they said NO, too far away from exchange. AND YET Eclipse, who of course use BTs exchange have managed to keep me connected... work that one out, cos I can't!! Seriously, tech help very helpful at all times, no probs with Eclipse. Go for it!!

AngeTheHippy
xx

anskyber 18:24 04 Nov 2006

Heres a comparison. click here

bruno 19:43 04 Nov 2006

My daughteer has been on Eclipse 4 or 5 months now and is delighted.She gets 7mb regularly and paid £9.99 for the first 6 months and I think it is £14.99 after that.I don't think there is a download limit on that,either.

bri-an 07:56 05 Nov 2006

Just looked at the 'Usage Explained' page on Eclipse site, and it gives an example table - in which allowed 'Hours surfing per day' is given for each option.
I was intrigued to see 8hrs for Option1, 40 hours for Option2, even 160 hours per DAY for Option4. Can someone explain how they can let me surf for 160 hours per DAY?? Or is it too early for my brain to be in gear?!

cowgirl66 08:59 05 Nov 2006

Hi Red Knight, I'm on Eclipse Broadband having deserted AOL's £17.99 per month package. My broadband with Eclipse is only £14.99 per month and for that I get 8Mb with an "optimised" download speed which is great when downloading software. I check the icon in the taskbar regularly and it's always reading at 7.6Mb so I think I would have no hesitation in recommending it to you.

I had to make a snap decision having made comparisons with other ISPs and when it comes down to it, it's a matter of how little we have to pay for as much as we can get. I think Eclipse fits into this category very well.

cowgirl66 09:01 05 Nov 2006

And by the way, there is no limit for me on my bandwidth. All day every day if I want!

iscanut 14:21 05 Nov 2006

I have been with Eclipse for nearly 10 years now, originally on the old dial up and now Broadband. Have never had any major problems and minor ones have been dealt with very quickly. An excellent Help Desk and fault reporting system, hardly any log on problems and currently getting 5 Mbps at quite times and over 2Mbps at very busy times. I can reccommend them.

terryf 15:52 05 Nov 2006

Moved from talktalk (who did not talk for me) to eclipse on monthly contract and have never regretted it, tech support and customer service is good and web site very informative. Web mail works OK. In the very infrequent event of problems with their service (not individuals problems), they publish the problem and their solution on the web site. You can fill in an on-line 'ticket' if you have problems or technical queries which are answered generally within 24 hrs but you can set a priority for the question. I would say go for Eclipse, IMO small is beautiful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?