Eclipse 111 keyboard and Saitek.

gengiscant 11:22 19 Feb 2010

I bought this keyboard, click here and within three months the coating on the wrist rest began to peel off. I trivial problem I agree but at 40 quid I felt it was unacceptable.
Amazon could only offer a refund but Saitek in the form of 'Mad Catz' sent me a replacement wrist rest free of charge.
They were in no way responsible as my contract was obviously with Amazon, but what incredible customer service.

I rank customer service very highly,give me a poor service and I will not shop with you again.
Its enough that an email is not answered to cross the company of my preferred suppliers.
So when a company goes above and beyond what can be reasonably expected it is only fair to sing its praises as, I read this recently "Unhappy customers share their experience with ten times more people than satisfied ones".
Well done again Saitek/Mad catz.

spuds 16:07 19 Feb 2010

Amazon offered a refund, which some companies might not have done, because it was easier and perhaps far quicker than trying to obtain possible spare parts from the manufacturer or importer.

In both cases, I would assume that Amazon and Saitek wanted to please their consumer-customers. Some people would have possibly taken the refund and obtained another keyboard that was perhaps more robust!.

gengiscant 18:58 06 Mar 2010

This was posted as praise for excellent customer service by Saitek, not a criticism of Amazon.
It was just great to get decent customer service even though it was not Saitek's responsibility.

I've always found amazon to be pretty good :) Their policies are clearly set out and written in plain english, which makes a nice change. They are realtivly prompt and I have to say, my experience with Amazon has always been a good one too :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017