Ebuyer Woes

Zaphod 3 19:54 18 Nov 2006

Ordered a system from them on Monday night 13th November. This was for delivery on Friday 17th. Very late on Thursday night (21:45 after their call centre has closed) we received an e-mail from them saying it was discontinued and therefore unavailable, refunding our card.

At no time were we contacted to ask whether we wanted to have another system.

I phoned them on Friday asking what was going on and was told we have had none of those since September. I asked if that was the case why had we not been contacted and offered an alternative also pointing out they had taken payment on Tuesday. I was then offered a Saturday delivery if anything else was suitable, there was but there was no stock at that time, however the Saturday delivery was offered if anything else turned up.

On Friday afternoon having done some checking of other systems, the new system was showing as in stock, so against my better judgement I phoned Ebuyer and whilst I was on the phone ordered the new system, and was told yes that has been ordered and it will be delivered on Saturday. I checked the order tracker and there it was for Saturday delivery. A bit later on I had another look and the parcel tracker states that it is for delivery on Monday. I assumed this was a typing error, but as a precaution I phoned our local Citylink depot this morning and they have our system but we cannot have it until Monday as someone at Ebuyer has screwed up.

You would have thought that after all the contact on Friday someone at Ebuyer would have made sure that everything was ok. If this is an example of what happens when they are keeping an eye on your order I would suggest that anyone using them has some lucky heather or some such because believe me you are going to need it.

Stuartli 21:38 18 Nov 2006

Strange if the system has been out of stock for more than a month.

However, e-Buyer has always proved top notch on orders and promised deliveries for me so it would appear you have been unlucky.

Zaphod 3 22:07 18 Nov 2006

The first one was showing as in stock on Monday, otherwise obviously I would not have ordered it. As it stands now we have placed 3 orders with them but they have managed to stuff up 2 of them. I may have been unlucky but how many chances should I give them? Quite frankly at the moment I would not trust them to organise a party in a brewery.

Zaphod 3 15:20 19 Nov 2006

Anybody got any ideas to cajole them into providing a decent service?

ened 16:12 19 Nov 2006

I have to admit I have always found their service excellent.

There are not many complaints on these Forums about them either.

As Stuartli says: you have been unlucky on this occasion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone