Ebuyer - Thank You...Amazon.co.uk-----?????

ajm 23:23 29 Sep 2004

Last sunday night placed an order for a 5-port D-Link USB PCI Card from amazon.co.uk. The status of the display showed "normally despatched within 24 hours" I paaid extra for express delivery in 24 hours as I needed the card for someone leaving for Africa on Thursday. On Tuesday morning, looked up on the status of the order and it said that it will be despatched today and expected delivery Thursday or Friday. Needless to say, I cancelled the order.

Went to ebuyer and saw that they had 1 left in stock. Placed an order Tuesday afternoon, paid extra for express delivery ( came to a few pence more than Amazon.co.uk. Received confirmation of the order and email stated that I shall receive by Thursday.

Today morning, City Link delivered the goods at 7 am in the morning. Was surprised at the quickness of the delivery. A big thank you to ebuyer and City Link

I have purchased quite a lot from both companies and have had no problems at all from both. Felt that amazon should do what it is best at: BOOKS!!! Have ordered and still order books from Amazon and have had more than satisfaction in their order process and delivery times. Maybe I have been unlucky this time with Amazon.

leo49 10:10 30 Sep 2004

But on the other hand.....

At 4.30 a.m last Friday morning[24th] I ordered from Amazon a portable TV to replace the failing old one in my elderly mother's bedroom, taking advantage of the free carriage for orders over £19.It arrived in an enormous box at 9.30 Monday morning[27th].

Just luck of the draw,I guess.

spuds 10:42 30 Sep 2004

I use both companies with satisfaction, and so far I have never been let down [fingers crossed].But seeing Ebuyer with a '1 item in stock' was risking it a little, as you wanted rapid despatch.Not sure how ebuyer uprate the website stock list, but I have seen in the past, when an item was available for despatch within 24 hours, the site stock list as changed to 7 day order-waiting within an hour or so.

Belatucadrus 10:58 30 Sep 2004

I love Amazon, but looking for stuff in their electronics section is a pain, most of the stuff that shows up when you browse is 'Limited availability', 'not available' or comes from third parties. When a site makes it hard to find what you want it needs re working.

Stuartli 11:15 30 Sep 2004

I've always found amazon first class, including its after sales service.

In fact I returned a product to them only yesterday (bought 18 months ago and which has a two year guarantee) after e-mailing them for advice earlier in the week.

A reply the same afternoon advised me to return the product to them in the usual way and it would be sorted out within five to seven working days.

Incidentally there are quite a few who have knocked ParcelForce, so I'm pleased to report that yet again it has proved tops with me.

I've sent the product back to amazon via ParcelForce and completed the task online yesterday morning, including payment and a request for collection. I also saved £1 on the normal despatch charge by doing so.

The collection was due between 2-30pm and 5-15pm yesterday but, at 11-15am, just an hour-and-a-half after my request, the doorbell rang.

A cheerful and very pleasant ParcelForce driver said he had seen the car in the drive and decided to check if the parcel was ready and possibly save himself a trip that afternoon.

Fortunately I had just completed the letter of explanation accompanying it and sealed the parcel, so off it went, leaving me with a free afternoon.

Noelg23 13:12 30 Sep 2004

well I have had no problems with Ebuyer...have been buying PC parts from them since Jan 2004 and their service is great...however one niggling thing is that I now want to be a business customer...but I cant register cos I already use my home address as a home customer...I sent out a note to them asking them how I can change from home to business and that was on Mon 27 and I am still waiting for a reply!!! does anyone else here know how to change from home to business without having to start a new account or am I just asking for something I wont get?

Stuartli 15:44 30 Sep 2004

Why not delete your home account and open a business equivalent as both are on offer when you first register on the website?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?