Ebuyer and slower deliveries

spuds 11:12 14 Jul 2007

Do you purchase goods from Ebuyer, and have you notice a deteriorating in their order picking and dispatching process?.

The reason why I ask this question, is due to my weekly ordering from this company, and because all my purchases are over the free delivery limit, I use that service. But of late I have noticed goods are taking more than 6/9 working days to arrive,made even worse with weekends.The free delivery terms seems to suggest goods should or will arrive within 5 working days, but Ebuyers site seem to be flagging up messages, that would suggest that they are having problems, possibly on staff recruitment.

Any views or comments?.

hssutton 18:48 14 Jul 2007

I placed an order with them on Thursday,received goods by two separate deliveries Friday pm

spuds 20:36 14 Jul 2007

What delivery option did you take, and was the order parts direct from Ebuyer or one of their suppliers?.

Sometimes I receive goods direct from their suppliers, which can sometimes make a difference.

Bit peeved at the moment, never had a problem in the past, but the last three orders have been less than satisfactory picking and longer time delivery wise.

BT 07:40 15 Jul 2007

Ordered goods on Thursday and paid the extra for next day delivery. Had an Email saying that there was a problem and that goods would be sent 'Priority'. Finally arrived at 2pm Monday. Could have save myself £2 if I had chosen Monday delivery!!

ICF 08:41 15 Jul 2007

Ask for a refund on the delivery charge

hssutton 09:49 15 Jul 2007

I opted for next day delivery. Part of the order came from Ebuyer and the rest from one of their suppliers. Both lots arrived within the space of two hours of each other

spuds 13:35 15 Jul 2007

Thanks for the info. Similar deliveries style that I receive on occasions, different supply locations but usually all on the same CityLink van.

I did consider that one of the problems may have been caused by my now payment method. Use to pay via direct checkout to Ebuyer, but on the last three occasions I have used the new Google checkout method. That's when my problems seemed to have started, and I was wondering if Ebuyer was not processing Google checkout as fast as Ebuyer checkout orders!.

I have sent an email asking for a possible explanation, but even the confirmation of receipt came back as "We are currently replying to all queries within 7 business days, please bear with us....". Just have to wait and see now!.

Tick this as resolved. Thank everyone, much appreciated.

GaT7 13:47 15 Jul 2007

Well, I wanted to ask a related question, saw this thread & decided not to start a new one....

I want to order something today & choose 'Fri...(4 Working Days)' hoping the items will get to me on Friday itself (not before or after). Is this what it means? Or, does it mean *within* 4 working days?

And, what happens if one misses a delivery? G

spuds 21:57 18 Jul 2007

Just had a reply from Ebuyer customer support. Apparently if you place an order 'after the cut-off time' on Friday, or over a weekend including Monday morning. Your order will go into the system on Monday.

If you choose next day delivery (priority), using the above as an example, it will be in the system for Tuesday delivery. Other delivery methods can be more time consuming. Choose Standard delivery and the order may be delayed depending on work capacity schedules within Ebuyer.

If you select free delivery Super Saver (goods over £49.99 fluctuating) then your order may take much longer, unless Ebuyer decide to upgrade your order. So in actual fact, a order placed using free delivery on Friday after cut-off time, over a weekend or early Monday morning may not get to you till the following Monday. Delivery 'Within' 5 working days on Ebuyer's order placement can be a little misleading.

RobCharles1981 00:18 19 Jul 2007

When ever I have ordered from Ebuyer they have always been spot on in the process, I could order like Next Day Delivery and you can set your watch by them, 4 Days means it will be Delivered in 4 Days, still very good service from them to be fair.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires