Ebuyer - R Bad News

Ebuyer-Sucs 23:52 15 Feb 2006

I have purchased 6 hard drives from ebuyer in the last six months and all but 1 had to be returned. 3 Graphics cards ( 2 were returned within a year ) Motherboards I had similar problems with. Other orders were only partly delivered probably due to the fact that deliveries are made from several different warehouses. Some of the items were poorly packaged and given the fragile nature of these components should be packaged better. Needless to say I'm going to find a more reliable supplier.

Forum Editor 00:11 16 Feb 2006

and certainly doesn't warrant registering specially with a username like yours, just so you can have a rant. Ebuyer doesn't make hard drives or motherboards - they simply sell them - and to have 5 faulty hard drives in 6 months is almost unheard of.

I've used the company for several years, and have no problems with any of my orders.

surfsteruk 02:46 16 Feb 2006

ebuyer have 3 different warehouses I believe so all items may not be delivered together depending on stock but they usually wait untill all items are ready before they dispatch.

As FE has said ebuyer dont manufacture hard drives and graphics cards, they just sell them. Not really their fault.

I've used ebuyer many times and spent alot of money with them. Each time delivery was ontime and sometimes early and well packaged.

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:45 16 Feb 2006

If I bought 5 Hds and 2 graphics cards that had to be returned I would be looking at my set up. HDs fail rarely and to have 5 fail is unheard of, so I would bet that there is something wrong at your end.

G

Shortstop 08:25 16 Feb 2006

Never had any issues with ebuyer in 3 years - in fact they often exceed my expectations.

Rigga 08:36 16 Feb 2006

A friend of mine, had two HDD from ebuyer, that he claimed didn't work properly, after checking his system, and replacing his PSU, for a better one. both the "faulty" HDD's now work perfectly.

So agree with GANDALF <|:-)>, I would look at the rest of you system for a problem. Starting with the PSU as you have also had graphics card and motherboard problems.

R.

Totally-braindead 09:47 16 Feb 2006

I've had broken, faulty and poorly packaged items from them in the past. Thats partly why I don't use them, but 5 out of 6 hard drives returned is very bad luck.

If these hard drives were not faulty then he wouldn't be refunded after they were checked.

I presume Ebuyer checked the items and refunded you for them?

BorgUK1of9 12:22 16 Feb 2006

Ive used Ebuyer now for over three years, in all that time Ive had one faulty device and that was a 9600 pro, which they swopped over in 3 days.

spuds 12:49 16 Feb 2006

To have all those failures seems certain questions have to be asked here. I have used Ebuyer for a very long time now,and purchased many different items over that period, and I can honestly say that I have never had a returns yet.

Regarding packaging, yes this can be a little suspect at times, but I would put this down to the dispatcher more than anything else.

Looking for a more reliable supplier (in what way) can perhaps have the same problem factor, after all, a Maxtor hard-drive is a Maxtor hard-drive both coming from the same source of supply.Buying from a different supplier isn't going to change that fact. Ebuyer doesn't buy seconds or rejects, and sell these onto the unsuspecting public.In fact, Ebuyer have most of their products reviewed by their buying customers, and these reviews are available for everyone to see,warts and all.

Bernard2 15:00 16 Feb 2006

I have just taken delivery of my first Ebuyer order (graphics card, processor, power supply and memory). Their prices were extremely competitive, their website is user friendly and delivery happened on the promised day with an efficient tracker system. The goods were well packed. If any of the componenents fail I will blame the manufacturers, not the suppliers. I am an impressed new customer.

Skills 15:22 16 Feb 2006

I had a good experience with ebuyer myself, goods arrived when stated and when the PSU turned out to be faulty they refunded me no probs although it did take some time for the RMA to come through.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?