Ebuyer Peculiarity

Wilham 20:15 22 Nov 2004

I'm a fairly regular customer but last few days I've met with a most unusual situation. I just wanted two 256MB SD cards, and Ebuyer's price was £13.55 each inc. vat and free shipping.

Each time I tried to order the cards Ebuyer checkout insisted adding £1.99 carriage. I sent an enote to Customer Service who confirmed the web page did say free carriage. Anyway, I sent for the two SD cards which were a good buy even if Ebuyer had got it wrong.

The positive 'free shipping' answer prompted me to follow up and I asked if I'd get £1.99 refund.

Today I've had this reply (copy-paste extract)...

"Thank you for contacting our customer support team.

In response to your enote, I can confirm that because you have ordered 2 of the Ebuyer 256MB
Secure Digital Card Retail and therefore you will be charged shipping carrige.

If you had only ordered 1 of the items Ebuyer 256MB Secure Digital Card you would not pay for the
shipping carriage as there is a free shipping bean,however because you have ordered 2 on one order
you will have to pay the extra carriage for this.
Therefore the free shipping bean will have only been used for 1 of the items you have ordered.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you."

So next time I see free shipping on an Ebuyer offer and I want more than one, I must order individually.

It's not a sum I'd fuss about, but isn't it odd?

TomJerry 20:26 22 Nov 2004

it is free no matter how many you buy, I just tried

Wilham 21:57 22 Nov 2004

TomJerry,
Thanks, just checked that option.
Makes more sense than my above reply from Ebuyer.

jakimo 23:51 22 Nov 2004

I always use the free super saver option,and the orders are very often delivered in 48 hrs.

Wilham 09:23 23 Nov 2004

jakimo. Useful, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017