EBuyer. Part of Goods Missing.

Mike000 10:08 02 Aug 2004

I ordered a Radeon 9600XT Graphics Card from Ebuyer on the 09/05/2004, when the promotional offer regarding the Half Life 2 Voucher was still being offered. When it arrived the Voucher was not included. I contacted them via Enotes many times, and they have said that
A)They do not have any cards in stock
B)The suppliers (ATI) have told them that the Vouchers are only in the boxes as a hit and miss affair.

They refuse to send us the voucher, and offer only the option of returning the product and re-ordering. This means however, that we have to buy the card at the same price, but without a voucher for Half Life 2 included. A loss of about £50.

What can I do next?

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:34 02 Aug 2004

'The suppliers (ATI) have told them that the Vouchers are only in the boxes as a hit and miss affair.'...this amswers your question. It is NOT Ebuyer's fault.

'They refuse to send us the voucher'...they cannot as ATI put them in the boxes.

The vouchers were released on an ad hoc basis. You were unlucky.

G

Belatucadrus 11:51 02 Aug 2004
  spuds 12:20 02 Aug 2004

I have purchased goods in the past, with promotional offers quite vivid on the packs. Yet when I have checked the enclosed voucher, I have found that the promo was out of date.Not happy about it, but That's life!.

Was the graphics card supplied as OEM or retail pack. Could have made a difference!.

Mike000 14:26 02 Aug 2004

ATI say the vouchers were in every box. The contract was between EBuyer and I. If they do not honour the agreement they are in breach of the Sale of Goods act, as they are the ones who have broken the contract, by not sending the stated goods.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:58 02 Aug 2004

'The suppliers (ATI) have told them that the Vouchers are only in the boxes as a hit and miss affair'.......they are NOT in every box so SoG is useless.

G

Mike000 15:13 02 Aug 2004

ATI have told me they were in every box

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?