ebuyer - not in stock !

Microbe 18:57 30 Jan 2003

I have just cancelled an order after waiting over two weeks just for the item to be in stock.

When I originally ordered I was told that a wait of 4 to 5 days should be expected. The day after I ordered this had changed to 45 days ! Since then I have had daily messages about the item still being out of stock and waiting for suppliers, despite seeing plenty of stock in my local PC World.

I eventually gave up, cancelled, and purchased the item from elsewhere. The moral being treat "expected delivery dates" with caution, unless you are not in a hurry.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:17 30 Jan 2003

'I was told that a wait of 4 to 5 days'...are you sure that you did not mishear '45' as '4 to 5'?

G

rev.bem 19:41 30 Jan 2003

Did you place the order online?

If so a bit difficult to mishear!

spuds 19:52 30 Jan 2003

I often purchase cd's via the internet with "will be processed within 4-7 days". Sometimes I have received the ordered items within 3 days, but I have waited much,much longer.Some you win some you lose (;o(

Microbe 19:57 30 Jan 2003

The order was done on-line, and if it had been 45 days on the screen I wouldn't have ordered it anyway.

In the end I now have the item that I wanted albeit at a slightly higher price, I guess that you sometimes get what you pay for.

Some on-line suppliers are good, whilst others obviously leave a lot to be desired. A lesson in life for us all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone