Ebuyer item not arrived

VNAM75 20:56 25 May 2009

I ordered a usb gamepad (£5.49) about 2 weeks ago but it has not arrived. I contacted them after 1 week (5 business days). They replied and asked me that it could take up to 10 business days after which they will take "action"- it will be 11 days after tomorrow. They told me it could be any day now I will receive the item.

The process has generally been good - email to say item despatched day after I ordered, positive feedback given for prompt paypal payment, quick reply to email. If after tomorrow I don't receive the item I want to go for a refund, not promise of the item being resent or waiting another few more days. If they can track it via royal mail then I will go and collect it at local depot. I'm not sure a £5 item would have been sent via recorded delivery. To action a refund request, do I go through the seller or paypal?

VNAM75 20:56 25 May 2009

Sorry that is Ebay not Ebuyer

spuds 21:19 25 May 2009

The way that you or eBay deal with the problem would all depend on whether the seller holds a business or private account.

Royal Mail will only accept claims for lost items under their terms and conditions, which I believe is now after 13/15 days. So the seller may have two options. Either provide a refund or replacement themselves or wait until their claim via Royal Mail as been processed, which could take considerably longer.Regarding recorded or any other type of delivery, this should have been explained in the advertisement summary, before you made the purchase.If you are not sure, then check the advert.

Perhaps best to contact the seller again, and see what they can offer. Otherwise you can make a claim via eBay under their dispute terms and conditions.

VNAM75 21:34 25 May 2009

Spuds, thanks.

Its a power seller so business account

I'm not going to wait for them to claim off royal mail, so either a refund from seller or paypal. The delivery is 2nd class royal mail from guernsey

Kevscar1 05:53 26 May 2009

Go Paypal unless the rules have changed the seller must send by trackable means, failure to do so means instant refund.

VNAM75 13:53 29 May 2009

Item still not received so I contacted the seller and said I wanted a refund if they could not trace the item. Seller responded and said would refund but did not explain if item had been lost. Checked paypal and it has been refunded. Should I leave a positive or neutral feedback?

spuds 18:05 29 May 2009

The seller appears to have dealt with this in a very positive way, so why not give a positive feedback with an appropriate comment. It wasn't their fault that the delivery arrangement failed, and the seller did make an immediate return payment when requested. Perhaps in a few days the item may arrive, then what will you do ;o))

If it does arrive, then I would suggest that you contact the seller in all honesty and fairness. Perhaps they will then tell you that you can keep the item. I have had that 'gesture of goodwill' happen to me, when I have been fair to a seller.

VNAM75 21:21 29 May 2009

spuds, yes I will leave positive feedback. I wasn't sure if it applied to successful, delivered, transactions only. If it does arrive I will contact the seller but I doubt it will (its been almost 3 weeks.

It could still arrive yet! Even first class mail can take 3-4 days at the best of times from there.

VNAM75 00:19 03 Jun 2009

And it did - after 3 weeks. I emailed seller and said he could recharge my paypal account or I can send a direct payment to him but he has not responded.
Looking at some of his negative feedback, there was someone who did not receive his item but got a refund quickly (same as me) but still left negative feedback. Some people....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?