ebuyer delivery details - confusing?

grumpy-git 10:58 23 Mar 2007

I ordered a memory card from them on the cheapest delivery, which is super saver.

Had an e-mail tuesday evening saying it had been despatched. The order looked to me as if it was being sent by Citylink, usual stuff delivery between 0900 & 2000 etc. So I stayed in all day wednesday but it did not arrive.

No worries, the delivery date was specified as thursday, so I stayed in again all day. Surprise, it did not arrive.

Rang Citylink friday, they know nothing about it. Rang Ebuyer only to be told it was coming through the post. Obviously for a memory card that seemed sensible, but their delivery details clearly state Citylink.

Has anybody else ever been confused by their "delivery details"?

g-g

spuds 12:45 23 Mar 2007

Never had any delivery problems with Ebuyer. Only the other day I ordered some items, and one item was showing no tracking record. Citylink arrived with two boxes, one from Ebuyer and the other from a local distribution warehouse. I assumed that Ebuyer had run out of stock, and arranged for their supplier to deliver direct to me. Cannot ask for better than that, and the best part was the free delivery, with no charges at all.

Just sorting out another combined order with a neighbour, so expecting another delivery about mid next week, at the usual 13.30-14.30 hours delivery slot.

grumpy-git 12:57 23 Mar 2007

It obviously works well for you Spud.

But if it didn't arrive on the quoted delivery day and you saw this on "track your order", what would you think? This link should show an image of the delivery details, with my personal details removed (hopefully it works)

click here

I'm still totally confused!!

g-g

spuds 13:04 23 Mar 2007

I think "Consignment Number: First Clas" may have given an hint about delivery. Citylink perhaps a human error ;o)

grumpy-git 13:16 23 Mar 2007

Well I've tried this on a couple of people, and their thoughts are the same as mine. Citylink were due to deliver it according to the Ebuyer web site!

Now when you've no "nice" neighbours to accept deliveries in case you are out, and it says "your consignment has been dispatched by Citylink" what can you do but stay in all day & wait, & wait & wait.

I never thought I was stupid, perhaps I am.

g-g

Stuartli 13:38 23 Mar 2007

Not had any such problems with e-Buyer, but my best mate had a Secure Digital card (complete with its plastic case) delivered in a giant carton by a courier.

The courier asked him to check the box as he believed it didn't contain anything.

It took a while to remove all the big protective plastic airbags and, purely by chance, the tiny SD card was discovered.

The digital camera that had been ordered at the same time arrived the following day in a carton that was a quarter of the size...:-)

grumpy-git 20:41 23 Mar 2007

It did eventually arrive by post, later in the day.

In future I think I'll buy from shops - maybe more expensive but less aggravation & time wasting.

g-g

northernwarrior 21:48 23 Mar 2007

I ordered a 580 watt PSU and it arrived on the day they said, by lunchtime via City Link. The only thing I find a bit odd is that regardless of when you have it delivered it seems to use the same 24 hour service. I opted for free delivery on the PSU and waited 5 working days for despatch but it only got a tracking number the day before!

If it's in stock, why can't they just send it? maybe they only have a certain allocation of parcels today.

Nevertheless I can't fault Ebuyer as a supplier, good range of stuff and quality service. Indeed I've just ordered a BFG Geforce 7600 GT/OC to replace the weedy ATI 1600 SE Packard bell install in their multimedia PC's, which should arrive Tuesday.

Stuartli 23:34 23 Mar 2007

Further to earlier post, my experiences with e-Buyer have never been anything but excellent.

Even on the Super Saver, you know exactly when goods are going to be despatched and when they are due to arrive.

Forum Editor 08:22 24 Mar 2007

and have found their service to be excellent. I have occasionally had to collect a consignment from the CityLink depot, but it's quite close to me, so that's not a problem.

Any Online retail business is slightly at the mercy of its courier, but CityLink seem pretty good.

denysecoughlan@ymail.com 14:33 24 Mar 2007

I've bought a fair bit from e-buyer and also returned two faulty items which were replaced with no bother. I do find City Link a pain though and when the difference in price between Amazon and e-buyer is minimal I plump for Amazon rather than deal with Citilink!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?