Ebuyer customer service

harps1h 11:57 09 Nov 2009

in these recessionary days, it is nice to see good service still survives. In late August I bought my daughter an HP laptop from Ebuyer as she was going to university. Soon after it developed an intermittent fault where the screen would not display except when you tapped the lid.
I sent for an RMA using their on-line returns system and later that day an R was issued by e-mail with instructions too phone them. When I did this the CS agent told me to click on the link he would send me and choose any day/time that suited me to get the laptop returned. It was picked up on the Monday from my work Delivered to Ebuyer on Wednesday. The following Monday I received an e-mail to say the laptop was replaced but the same model was not available. I phoned the number given and a girl told me to pick another model using the credit. This was at 8.30pm and at 9.10pm I received an e-mail telling me it had been despatched. It was delivered two days later and I have a very happy daughter.
Now I know there will be people who will post that the way it should be and it is, but as we all know in this forum not everybody plays by the rules. There a few shining examples. My thread was to point out that there are some very professional companies out there, servicing their customers expertly and I fell Ebuyer need a big pat on their back.

So thank you Ebuyer. :-}

chub_tor 18:48 09 Nov 2009

It's always good to know of another happy ebuyer user. They are my first choice of supplier and on the one occasion that I have had to return a faulty item I received a similar level of service to yours.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 21:42 09 Nov 2009

It's always nice to hear GOOD things about a company for a change. I've never had a problem with Ebuyer really, the only time I've had *any* trouble was when delivery was let down by the courier and they refunded the difference. Happy as can be. Their return policy is very good and I hope they keep trading so that I can keep buying :-)

Forum Editor 00:22 10 Nov 2009

and haven't had a single bad experience with them.

to ebuyer over the years, and every single one has gone as smoothly as one could hope for. They are, in my opinion, a first class merchant.

BT 08:19 10 Nov 2009

I once received an incorrect item in my parcel, so I informed Ebuyer and they instantly sent the right one.
They had sent a floppy drive instead of a DVD drive. The thing was they didn't want the floppy drive returned. I suppose the cost of returning it exceeded its value.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone