Ebuyer

HXP 11:35 13 Sep 2010

I placed an order for a digital camera with ebuyer when it showed they had 587 in stock ( it still shows that ).

They have just yold me the item is out of stock but apparently adertised on site for immediate next day delivery from the 587 in stock.

I chose the free5 day delivery.

There is also no easy to find contact number for Ebuyer on the website the link takes you nowhere.

Can anyone advise or help

QuickFind: - Casio EXILIM Hi-Zoom EX-H5 - Digital camera

Still 587 in stock for next day delivery !

their email :

Dear xxxxxxxx,

QuickFind:226039 - Casio EXILIM Hi-Zoom EX-H5 - Digital camera - compact - 12.1 Mpix - optical zoom: 10 x - supported memory: SD, SDHC - silver

Unfortunately the above item is currently out of stock.

HXP 11:39 13 Sep 2010

I found a number for Ebuyer by google searching got their business contact number who then gave me consumer sales. Rang them on 0871 number - 5 mins on hold - explained the problem - was very plleasant - advisor said I will put you on hold and then got ' the other person has hung up '.

Ringing again ......

Still 587 in stock !

HXP 11:44 13 Sep 2010

Following my cut off call Ebuyer now showing out of stock !

Rang them back another 5 mins on hold - all at 0871 rates

HXP 11:49 13 Sep 2010

Somehow managed to get oringinal advisor back (Tom) who was helpful - they have got them on stock but cannot send them out - I wanted it for the weekend - which on a 5 day free delivery would have been fine.

So they have over 500 in stock - but can't send them out.

Tom has promised to email me ....

I have placed orders with Ebuyer before and they have been very good - but the lack of a contact number and waits on the 0871 number are not any good.

Contact numbers for anyone else with issues 0841 521 3300

961 12:17 13 Sep 2010

click here suggests
01430 433605
01430 433731 and ask for customer services

HXP 12:31 13 Sep 2010

Ntt only outof stock ( with 500 on wharehouse ) but now quickfind code removed.

I kept a screen dump of the page for records purposes

But same camera £129.95 QuickFind Code: 226041 582 in stock ....

HXP 12:43 13 Sep 2010

Would like this weekend black one £5 more and in stock.

Asked if they would reduce by £5 but no chance - so agreed to pay the extra and will write in to customer services.

Thanks to 961 for the numbers, although it meant another phone call to sort.

I think ebuyer should have offered alternative colour and not sure what identical camera different prices in diff colours.

Paid the extr and hopefully will be with me Friday.

Writing off to Ebuyer customer service to see if I can get phone call costs back or a £5 credit ..will update when that goes through.

Could PC advisor check their website and see if they can find a contact number ... and if not take it up with Ebuyer ?

spuds 13:04 13 Sep 2010

You could try Amando Sanchez (Ebuyer Operation Director) on 01430 433616 for help.

961 13:22 13 Sep 2010

Now there's a number for everyone's diary!!

HXP 14:57 13 Sep 2010

My order fpr the black EX-H5 - Digital camera is going through so hopefully resolved.

I will be writing off to them though as not 100% happy with the result it's only £5 but I could have got same camera in the colour I wanted for the same price from Amazon ( my fault in not checking them ). I usually trust Ebuyer to have best prices but from now on I will be doing an Amazon check or go to Amazon first. So I suppose a valuable lesson ... check Amazon!

Thanks to all who posted - I will close thread once camera arrives and I have or haven't got the good will £5 I think I should get.

HXP 00:13 15 Sep 2010

Camera arrived so quick delivery - great camera but the way 10x optical is very good. Happy sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?