Ebuyer?

desperate 06:54 11 Feb 2007

Several years ago I had a bad experience with Ebuyer which put me off ordering from them again. However, they are the cheapest for the laptop I'm looking at buying. My question is it worth giving them another go or I am best off spending a bit more and going to either Technoworld or Morecomputers? I asked both of them if they'd price match with Ebuyer. Technoworld said no but did offer to throw in some discounted goodies and Morecomputers was a straightforward no.

€dstowe 07:13 11 Feb 2007

If everyone had a bad experience with ebuyer then they would have gone out of business a long time ago. As they are still here and thriving, lets assume that your bad experience was an exception.

I had a set to with ebuyer some years ago but, I accept that it was an error and my dealings with them ever since have gone without any problems.

GRFT 07:49 11 Feb 2007

Well, I had "unfortunate" dealings with ebuyer some two years ago, and still have nothing to do with them; and life goes on as usual...

Stuartli 12:18 11 Feb 2007

I've bought quite a lot of goods from e-Buyer over the years and have still to experience anything other than being sent the items I ordered and in double quick time.

spuds 12:33 11 Feb 2007

Been dealing with Ebuyer for years, never really had a bad experience with them or the courier service. A company the size of Ebuyer, with the amount of daily trading they do, are bound to result in the odd blip or two, and most large companies suffer from 'bad experiences' from time to time. With me, Ebuyer a first rate company with prices and service better than most.

Kate B 14:18 11 Feb 2007

I've had a couple of less than satisfactory experiences with eBuyer and wouldn't go with them again.

Zaphod 3 14:56 11 Feb 2007

After this one of mine, I may have been unlucky, however in the future although they may not be the cheapest I am going to stick to Novatech.

click here

richardcockbain 16:27 11 Feb 2007

I've regularly ordered from Ebuyer and found them to be very helpful as well as being cheap.

When things have gone wrong (as they have a couple of times) they have sorted it out pronto. Their website is well designed and you can amend orders prior to despatch (useful if you see it cheaper or change your mind). When I had to make a return after Xmas the process was straight forward.

I use other firms but have confidence in Ebuyer so would recommend.

bremner 17:05 11 Feb 2007

I have used eBuyre for many years and spent several thousand pounds. On one occasion things did not go smoothly but I do not believe in cutting my nose off to spite my face.

eBuyer sell to thousands of satisfied customers every week - and a few dissatisfied ones - thats life.

If they have the laptop you want at a price you want to pay just buy it.

chub_tor 19:16 11 Feb 2007

I would just like to backup all the pro ebuyer supporters, all my experiences have been good even when I had to return a PVR that never worked correctly from the day it arrived. They refunded my money once they had confirmed the fault with the returns process complete in under 3 weeks. ebuyer are my first choice when looking for components.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?