EBAY UK SITE IS DOWN

HondaMan 10:19 12 Aug 2014
Answered

Seems the site is down. I wonder if this is a virus attack?

spuds 10:45 12 Aug 2014

Down at my end. I use ebay daily,and cannot connect to their website, never had any delays this long before?.

There are other comments on the internet about ebay being down. click here

spuds 11:14 12 Aug 2014

Still not able to get onto ebay?.

Here is another bit of information click here

Marie Brewis 12:02 12 Aug 2014

Hi guys, lots of people having problems with eBay UK today. More here.

muddypaws 13:00 12 Aug 2014

Down here at the momenmt. XP3 on FF 31.

HondaMan 13:03 12 Aug 2014
Answer

I tried this "Download Zenmate on chrome works great now and its free" and it works.

alanrwood 13:05 12 Aug 2014

It seems to be down in lots of countries not just UK so maybe it is a DDOS attack.

spuds 13:32 12 Aug 2014

HondaMan

Reference to Zenmate, there are a few interesting reviews which might be helpful?.

I have just posted a link regarding some useful information, but PCA seems to think that it was spam?.

TatiaDokes 17:54 12 Aug 2014

It's just not the UK. I'm in Denver, CO USA and I haven't been able to get on the website or the app since I woke up at 5 Am. Weird thing is I'm still getting bids, sales and emails from them. Hope they fix it. I got work to do!

Forum Editor 07:19 13 Aug 2014

Amazon, Autotrader and LinkedIn were also affected by this problem. Ebay has suffered 10 outages this year, of which this was the worst.

BT servers may have been involved, although it's not certain. BT has had network problems with the recent last gasp from hurricane Bertha affecting our weather.

One of the Ebay outages (In February) was due to an attack by the Syrian electronic army.

HondaMan 11:49 18 Aug 2014

This might throw some light on the matter: The internet is dying?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?