ebay remove listing after it's ended. Strange.

lisa02 11:04 06 Jun 2007

I came across an item I wanted to buy yesterday. 10 available but 9 had already sold. I bought the tenth ending the listing...

All's fine - I pay by paypal, the money has been sent and I received my item this morning. Less than 20 hours from purchase to delivery.

I thought great I'll leave the guy good feedback for this, but there's no trace of the listing. When I click the item listing from an email I got it tells me ebay have removed it.

What's the point in removing an item after it sold??

I can't leave feedback or even follow up my purchase.

Belatucadrus 11:38 06 Jun 2007

I'd be asking ebay why it was deleted as they seem to think there are legal issues.

lisa02 12:00 06 Jun 2007

I emailed the seller saying it arrived very quickly and stuff. He says that ebay didn't agree with the listing so they removed it and that leaving feedback was not possible.

Still a bit pointless to remove the listing after it sold.

lisa02 12:02 06 Jun 2007

PS. It was a Nintendo DS accessory. Not endorsed by Nintendo, just like many other accessories sold on the High Street aren't.

tammer 13:24 06 Jun 2007

I noticed that a phone I bid on yesterday was removed by Ebay later in the day too.

I thought that it was something to do with the payment method requested.

spuds 18:03 06 Jun 2007

eBay have certain restriction on how business is conducted, they have tightened up lately, especially on items 'Not Endorsed' or of a suspect nature .

Appears as though the seller may have contravened the rules. Look out for 'Seller No Longer Registered', that could give an indication of problems, especially if the seller is new.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?