Ebay Help - Postage advice

RobCharles1981 18:12 21 Apr 2015

Hi,

I'm wondering if you can help me please? I've often brought stuff from Ebay with no problems, and likewise have sold stuff on this site, with no real issues.

I put an item for sale on the site, and before hand I went to my local post office, to get the item weighed, to get an idea of how much it will cost to send ect.

I filed in the particulars of this item, and it was "Sold" and was paid by the buyer.

I packed the item in a box and went to my post office to send it, to find the cost was slightly higher then I had put on Ebay, so I contacted the buyer to politely ask if he would provide additional cost for postage, (it was £7 in total)

He said

"Sorry the charge is more than you anticipated, but it's the seller's responsibility to ensure postage costs are specified and accurate in the original listing"

"Also the total postage you suggest is considerably above the eBay maximum for this category. See click here anyone elaborate on this please?

Many thanks Rob

Can

wee eddie 19:08 21 Apr 2015

I think that you will have to go with you original estimate of the Postage.

Sad, but that is the price you quoted.

alanrwood 19:58 21 Apr 2015

Agreed with wee eddie. It is not the buyers fault that someone at your side made a mistake.

Batch 09:31 23 Apr 2015

Look at this way. If you had ordered something online (for which there was a quoted delivery charge) and you paid for the goods and delivery and then the vendor came back and said "Sorry mate, I want more for the delivery now" - how would you feel?

HondaMan 11:09 23 Apr 2015

I am afraid you are stuck with what you originally quoted. The link did not work for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone