Ebay help-place a bid- buy it now

So Afraid 01:49 14 Jan 2008

On the item page of the product,lets take place a bid
option.At the top of the page is a box for the amount of my bid and to click place a bid,but at the very bottom of the page another box for the bid,above which says take action on this bid,for both options of place a bid or buy it now,can i just go straight to the bottom of the page and make my offer.What is the correct order.

€dstowe 06:44 14 Jan 2008

If you are happy to pay the buy-it-now price then click the buy-it-now box and you will be taken to the next page to arrange payment.

If you think the buy-it-now price is excessive you can place an auction bid at a price lower than the buy-it-now price. When you then click to the next page the buy-it-now option disappears and the item is open for auction - which can mean, if others are interested, that the final selling price may well exceed the original buy-it-now price. Buy it now also means that you can get the item straight away rather than waiting to the end of the auction time.

Do not complete both the auction and the buy-it-now procedures - one or the other.

So Afraid 13:01 14 Jan 2008

Thanks for the reply i should have said for example,on the item page it is just a place a bid auction,do i need to fill in the box at the top of the page and click place a bid,or can i ignore and just go straight to the bottom of the page and fill box in there.And on another item page only for buy it now,can i do the same,just a bit confusing.

€dstowe 13:56 14 Jan 2008

You only need fill in one box, click and you will be taken to a confirmation page asking if it is really you and the price you have placed is correct. You then confirm and another page opens to continue.

It's very easy!

So Afraid 15:03 14 Jan 2008

Ok thanks again

spuds 15:03 15 Jan 2008

Perhaps worth a mention, there are ways in which eBay can offer similar items if you fail on your bid price.So if you lose the original bid, something else might be available shortly after.

Personally, if I am looking for and wanting a certain item, then I find the price that I am willing to pay, by doing a comparison and perhaps save procedure. That way, I never pay more than I want to, even with Buy Nows. A further point of interest perhaps, is that some sellers may have multiple offers, and bidding can result in a win or lost item at the last minute, depending when you placed the bid. The best or possible earlier bids are or can be the winner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone