e buyer (secure server?)

[email protected] 18:21 04 May 2007

hello all, i have today (very reluctantly!) bought another copy of windows xp, i have looked at a lot of products in the past from e-buyer, as they seem very good value, it was only when i got to the checkout i noticed no padlock or logging into secure server message, yet they were asking for all my card details, this scared me off and i bought elsewhere.
i thought e-buyer was a huge concern and wondered if i had found a phishing site but macafee, norton and ff all said it's signings were true? it's puzzled me a little
adam

[email protected] 19:08 04 May 2007

adman,do you think theres a problem at ebuyers end?
ive just proceeded to checkout stage and the padlock is greyed out,also when going to google checkout the padlock is greyed out +vat isnt charged?

[email protected] 19:21 04 May 2007

hmm, just tried it again and got the do you want to show non secure items, whichever i select it states error on this page, but definately no padlocks, maybe it's my pc?

[email protected] 19:32 04 May 2007

can anyone else try it?
just to put adman and i's mind at rest

Yabadaba™ 19:53 04 May 2007

When you go to checkout the http// changes to https// meaning this is a secure connection for payment transactions.

[email protected] 19:56 04 May 2007

well i never knew that, thanks very much for the advice
adam

spuds 21:24 04 May 2007

If you pay Ebuyer via the 'new' Google checkout (as suggested by Ebuyer), you can save an extra £10.00 on anything over £30.00 I think!.

€dstowe 22:04 04 May 2007

I have bought several things via Google Checkout now - with £10 off each purchase made, provided they are separate transactions.

All went smoothly and I didn't have to put in loads of details each time I placed an order.

Very happy with the scheme and I will use it whenever possible.

[email protected] 06:52 05 May 2007

thanks all, had some money taken out of my account with my debit card in january, its still being investigated and it's made me a little nervous i guess
thanks again
adam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?