DVDRECORDER PICTURE PROBLEM

kt39al 20:00 07 Sep 2007

Hi
I recently bought a dvdrecorder(philips dvdr3480).Whenever I watch satelite channel via dvdrecorder sometimes i see a thick ribbon type line in different colours(blue,yellow or dard).When I off the dvdrecorder's standby button and watch the channels normaly ok no probles.I have changed the scar cables but still a problem.
Please help!
Thanks

Devil Fish 21:43 07 Sep 2007

you may receive more response in the digital world forum with this one i will pm FE see if he can transfer it for you

holme 22:05 07 Sep 2007

Suggestion 1 - How have you configured the video output from the Sky (?) box, and how have you configured the video in to and video out from the DVD recorder?

They all need to be the same; either all 'PAL' (sometimes called 'Video' or 'Comp') or, alternatively, all 'RGB'.

If you've got them a bit mixed up, that might be the cause of the problem (but, frankly, I don't recognise the symptoms).

Suggestion 2 - If you've got them all on (say) PAL, try changing them all to RGB and test. Or if all on RGB, try putting them all to PAL and test. Any change?

Suggestion 3 - If you select any TV channel on the DVD recorder and view that on the TV, do you get the same symptoms?

If all that still gives the same prob, and if switching off the recorder clears the symptoms, I'm inclined to suspect the recently-bought recorder. I'm really not too confident about the above, but HTH.

kt39al 15:23 08 Sep 2007

Thanks for the suggestions and help,both of you.I will test that and let you know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone