DVD Writer with Black Brushed Aluminium Bezel

I am Spartacus 12:48 12 Aug 2008

I've got a new black brushed aluminium case and my black plastic bezeled DVD writer doesn't blend in as much as I'd like.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get them with black aluminium bezels, brushed finish would be nice? I'm looking for a SATA connection only.

day2strike 14:45 12 Aug 2008

Have you tried the usual companies such as Novatech, Aria & ebuyer?
Or ebay?

I am Spartacus 17:16 12 Aug 2008

I've looked at all the stock at Dabs, Novatech, Overclockers, KustomPCs and Ebuyer. I've emailed or sent web-notes to all of them but am still waiting for replies. Googling brings up too many entries that include descriptions of full PCs rather than just DVDs and I've had difficulty refining them. No luck on ebay yet.

The trouble is most are advertised with just a black/silver/beige/all 3 bezel without specifying the material. I'm assuming that they're plastic.

GaT7 18:22 12 Aug 2008

Hmm, you didn't look well enough ;-).....

Coolermaster Alloy Front Bezel (AFP-U02) BLACK click here

Exact size, fitting instructions, reviews, etc click here. G

P.S. Silver one if anyone is looking click here

None available on eBay at the moment, but this is a search link for the models above - in 'title & desciption' click here

I am Spartacus 18:33 12 Aug 2008

I'd found that but thanks for looking. £17 with delivery from Specialtech, around £10 from Scan. That's why I was looking for the DVD complete, plus it's a tidier solution. and I'd prefer it without the branding if possible

I am Spartacus 18:35 12 Aug 2008

That's interesting, when I looked earlier it was £17, now it's £13.

GaT7 18:35 12 Aug 2008

If you live near Scan, pick one up for £2.34 click here. G

I am Spartacus 18:35 12 Aug 2008

No it's not. I'd selected both the silver and black together by mistake.

I am Spartacus 18:38 12 Aug 2008

15 years ago I'd have driven over to pick it up. Unfortunately I'm now a few hundred miles away. A shop local to me does stock them normally but has no black ones left. I will probably have to get one and see if I can remove the branding if no-one I've emailed get's back to me.

So far no luck at Novatech or Overclockers.

GaT7 18:40 12 Aug 2008

Ignore the 2nd Scan post, esp if you can't collect - didn't refresh before posting.

If you choose the Recorded delivery option at Specialtech, it's a shade under £7 delivered. G

I am Spartacus 18:56 12 Aug 2008

I thought it seemed a bit pricey for delivery. My eyes are getting a lot worse. I've ordered one to see what it's like. Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017