dvd recorder / vcr combi

Jai 15:46 16 Dec 2006

Can anyone point ne to ant review sites or recommendations for the above please. Obviously not computer based but for TV/home entertainment.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:21 16 Dec 2006

Asda are flogging them for £69.99 IIRC.

G

freaky 19:10 16 Dec 2006

If you purchase a good make of DVD Recorder that has a Hard Drive and also the ability to record onto DVD's then it makes a VCR redundant.

I have one and used it to transfer all my VHS tapes to DVD's. Noticed a big improvement in the playback quality as well !

Jai 20:04 16 Dec 2006

Thx fellas. I need the VCR as we have tapes we want to transfer as well, but the VCR is knackered - hence the combi - otherwise I would get the one with a H/D.

Border View 00:01 17 Dec 2006

Bit pricy but try this click here

Border View 00:02 17 Dec 2006

Sorry that link doesnt appear to work. Its the QVC web site Product No. 554 981

€dstowe 07:21 17 Dec 2006

Try the Co-op.

I've seen them in a Co-op supermarket at a very reasonable price - can't remember what that was as I wasn't in the market for buying but I do remember thinking it was good value.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:58 17 Dec 2006

A friend of mine has the Asda one and she has transfered about 200 tapes to DVD. The results are excellent and once you have transferred all your tapes the machine will be redundant so it does not need to last for yonks.

G

spuds 11:31 17 Dec 2006

Perhaps a visit to Currys may help. Was in the local superstore on Friday, and they have a fair range on display, with prices to suit.Even the friendly assistant seemed very knowledgeable on the various products.

With the likes of Asda, Sainsbury or Tesco, you will find their product range is limited to one or two items only.

maryli 12:24 17 Dec 2006

the softwares for my Zune is Cucusoft Zune Video Converter + DVD to Zune Converter Suite , it works very well , u can try it at click here

Jai 09:47 26 Dec 2006

Santa has come & gone & he chose a LG RC185. This is a multi format (-R/-RW/+R/+RW) recorder & can record both ways ie tape to DVD & vice versa. Cna be found in Tesco for £179.99.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?