Is this DVD recorder anygood?

suburban train 18:10 04 Sep 2006

Just had a look at amazon at this DVD recorder, hard to find reviews on the web just thought someone may have a comment on it or supply a similar cheaper or better product?

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:20 04 Sep 2006

Had one of these for nearly a year and have bought 3 for friends. Excellent machine click here

G

pj123 19:49 04 Sep 2006

And mine is this one: click here#

Had it while now, excellent machine. Can be made Multi Region using the Remote Control.

suburban train 20:06 04 Sep 2006

Hi Pattoo

The fact thats it says mini does that refer to the actual size of the dvd as in mini dvd or mini as in size of the of the dvd recorder

Stuartli 00:14 05 Sep 2006

Pay a bit more and you can have an HDD version, plus 99p delivery charge:

click here

Pidder 16:13 06 Sep 2006

Bear in mind that most dvd recorders only have an analogue tuner which will be useless when analogue transmission is switched off...

Stuartli 17:00 06 Sep 2006

It would only require a Freeview or similar set top box connected to it (just as I do with my 13-year-old VCR) to continue to be fully usable...:-)

Pidder 18:23 07 Sep 2006

Do you have a Freeview set top box with a timer?

Stuartli 18:55 07 Sep 2006

The facility is available via the menu - what's more that's from the ONDigital days...:-)

Stuartli 18:59 07 Sep 2006

I leave the Freeview box on the channel I want to record normally (it's very rarely I want to record something on these channels) and let the VCR switch on and off at the appropriate times.

I have to use one of the satellite channels to record a Freeview programme on the VCR.

But I can/could also set the Pioneer Freeview box to switch on and off as well.

Pidder 15:12 08 Sep 2006

Thanks. I suppose it's very rare that one would want to make two or more successive recordings from different channels.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?