dvd online rentals

moorie 02:16 13 Nov 2006

has anyone personal experiences they can share
with regards to rental sites such as lovefilm,blockbuster,tesco etc
also if you have ,how many films can you realistically expect to view within the monthly timescale,say 3 at a time package.

sean-278262 02:46 13 Nov 2006

I know a number of people who have used these services and from what I have heard most liked them in terms of the pricing and ease of use but overall they most have said it is just as much hastle to go to the post box to send them back as it is to go to the shop and select them out.

moorie 03:24 13 Nov 2006

thanks for reply,
yeah,it would be deffo easier to rent out locally,but im more interested in the cost per dvd.
we are a family of six, different spectrum of ages and likes/dislikes.i just wondered how many you can expect to recieve/return in a calender month, if the response time and service is good its much better value
my local dvd store at best charges 3 for £8,but then i end up buying an additional film for the youngest and some of the new releases are one day hire and arent included etc,so the £8 turns into £14 for one nights viewing.

€dstowe 06:33 13 Nov 2006

You will find that a number of them are the same company trading under different names.

Amazon remain independent and their system is slightly different to the others.

Having said that, I've used various rental companies over the past year or so (taking up their offers of free trials) and found them all efficient in sending disks and the speed of turnaround. They differ in the library of films they offer and if you have more esoteric tastes in film you will find some better than others. Amazon seems to be best in arthouse and foreign collections but you will find that all the companies keep the popular output.

moorie 07:47 13 Nov 2006

thanks for reply,the free trial offer ,experiencing each site sounds a good idea,i will then be able to make an informed decision.

fatviking 18:09 15 Nov 2006

I rented off Amazon for a month or so, and their 2dvd at a time package was attractively priced at £7.99 per month - until you realise that you can have 4 dvd's per month max. I now rent off Tesco, whose 2dvd package costs £11.49 per month, but is unlimited as to the number of dvd's you can have. In other words, while you can only have 2 dvd's (depending on your package) at a time, as soon as you send them back you get two more - without limit - if you just keep your dvd's for a couple of days, you can easily see 30 or more films a month....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?