DVD Copying Software

redbarron 11:16 19 Dec 2006

Can anyone recommend some good dvd copying software please. If it's FREE, even better!

Thanks.

rb

mike1967 11:55 19 Dec 2006

This is as good as anything but its not free you need AnyDVD and CloneDVD, you do get a 21 day trial thoughclick here

redbarron 12:17 19 Dec 2006

Thanks mike1967.

Why do I also need CloneDVD? Wouldn't 'NERO RECODE' do the same job?

rb

BJN 18:13 19 Dec 2006

do a search on goggle for a program called "DVD Shrink" it's a free program and great for coping DVD's. The good part is its so simple to use and plenty of free guides online to help you out.

Bj

Stuartli 18:49 19 Dec 2006

DVDShrink can be found at:

click here

A guide to its use:

click here

There's also:

click here

surfmonkey #:@}© 19:33 19 Dec 2006

depending on what type of dvd you want to copy hope its a home made one be carefull chaps not a good idea to promote dvd piracey

Stuartli 19:53 19 Dec 2006

Nobody is advocating piracy, merely detailing freely available software from one or two of dozens of different sources.

With regard to copying many major music publishers, Sony amongst them, used to rant and rage at those who copied audio CDs and yet actually sold the CD rewriters that made it possible in the first place.

Hypocrisy in my view.

I am Spartacus 21:34 19 Dec 2006

I would also recommend DVD Decrypter recommended by Stuartli. It's great for making backups together with DVD Shrink for resizing to fit a 4.7GB DVD. I've backed up most of my DVDs with this software.

jarani 21:54 19 Dec 2006

Not quite the subject but i am totally confused by which write / rewrite types of cd / dvd disks to buy for use in my DVD RW drive - i use nero 7 - helpplease - jarani

Strawballs 22:40 19 Dec 2006

click here don't be fooled by it's name it does do DVD's as well and it's free.

redbarron 08:42 20 Dec 2006

For your inputs.

Can someone also tell me what is meant by 'double layer discs'?

Thanks

rb

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?