Dunedin Computers feedback

logoff 11:06 26 Jan 2008

Hi
This company trade through eBay and possibly elsewhere. Can anyone share any feedback of their systems or customer service?
Very grateful for any comments.

Totally-braindead 11:56 26 Jan 2008

Surely they are rated on Ebay and that would give you some idea?

Personally although I buy quite a lot through Ebay I hesitate to buy things like a complete PC. Its partly the returning the item that puts me off I must admit but also wondering if the company/person will be there in the future if something does go wrong.

Because of this I prefer to buy from a company that I know has been about a long time such as Novatech. I know theres no guarantee that they will still be there in 6 months time as businesses fold all the time but theres a much better chance they will still be there.

logoff 18:43 26 Jan 2008

Totally-braindead-your comments are appreciated -the feedback on eBay looks good but have read something recently about still being cautious as this may not fully reflect the true position-can't recall why.

I understand what you mean about the problem if something goes wrong-was thinking of buying a pretty much barebones system -no monitor, keyboard etc. and upgrading later.
Thanks again.

Stuartli 23:54 26 Jan 2008

BigPockets offers a large choice of barebones systems:

click here

logoff 13:10 27 Jan 2008

Thanks Stuartli-had not seen that site before -looks interesting.
Regards
C

Teccie 13:32 20 Feb 2008

It seems that Dunedin Computers (ww.dunedin-computers.com) do most of their business through their website NOT EBay, so I'm sure they are ok. I've checked out their feedback as well and it looks pretty good.

logoff 19:49 20 Feb 2008

Hi Teccie-thanks for that -I had come to much the same conclusion. They do some high spec machines for quite reasonable prices I think.

Thanks to all.

Forum Editor 17:07 24 Apr 2008

I have reason to believe that Teccie is/was connected with Redjag computers, from whom Dunedin Computers bought a website.

Dunedin Computers have contacted me to say that there is, however, no connection between Dunedin Computers and Redjag computers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?