downloading MP3s

Bansaw 10:58 07 Apr 2006

Is there a legal site where you can download music MP3s *without having to install their software*, ie: just download the raw MP3s straight to your hard drive??

The sites I've seen insist on installing their software to manage the downloading and burning of MP3s.

Anyone?

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:37 07 Apr 2006

click here

click here to name but two.

G

Bansaw 15:11 07 Apr 2006

Thanks G.

The Tesco looks like the one that you can download a WMA from direct without software.
Thats my impression.

Virgin insist on installing a 17Mb package though.

I assume the standard price is £0.79 for every new single...

Monument 15:41 07 Apr 2006

The market leader and by far the biggest catalogue is Apple's Music Store.

TYou need to download iTunes to access click here

Bansaw 15:48 07 Apr 2006

Thanks Monument.

I'd just like the WMAs (MP3s) downloadable directly to my machine.
Don't want Apple exercising control over my music collections.

I think Tesco's looks like you just download the WMA without any fuss...

dms05 17:40 07 Apr 2006

A much cheaper option is click here and they allow direct downloads in a variety of formats and various bit rates with or without their music management software. I download direct to my PC from my Opera browser but you can use IE or Firefox.

pj123 18:36 07 Apr 2006

dms05, you said "A much cheaper option is" and then posted a link. I tried your link and in the Help center I clicked on "How much does it cost to download music at Allofmp3.com and there is no information at all. So how do you know it is a much cheaper option?

In other words then "How much does it cost to download music at Allofmp3.com" Give us an example?

WHU 18:39 07 Apr 2006

They had a little section on music downloads on the Gadget Show on Monday. Really depends on the type of music your into as to which may be best suited for you.
Have a look at the Gadget Show website for more info.

click here

ade.h 20:24 07 Apr 2006

The Music section of Download.com is very good (and free of course, while being legally legitimate) click here

Charence 21:12 07 Apr 2006

Songs cost around $0.10 each, but that can change depending on the size of the file which can be affected by your choice of bitrate/format. That is cheaper than iTunes. Their site say the music is legal, but why do the songs cost so little?

Dizzy Bob 01:11 08 Apr 2006

Is it legal to download music from AllOFMP3.com?

The availability over the Internet of the ALLOFMP3.com materials is authorized by the license # LS-3?-05-03 of the Russian Multimedia and Internet Society (ROMS) and license # 006/3M-05 of the Rightholders Federation for Collective Copyright Management of Works Used Interactively (FAIR). In accordance to the licenses' terms MediaServices pays license fees for all materials downloaded from the site subject to the Law of the Russian Federation "On Copyright and Related Rights". All these materials are solely for personal use. Any further distribution, resale or broadcasting are prohibited.

The works available from ALLOFMP3.com are protected by the Law of the Russian Federation "On Copyright and Related Rights" and are for personal use of a buyer. Commercial use of such material is prohibited. Recording, copying, distribution on any media is possible only upon special consent of a Rightholder.

The user bears sole responsibility for any use and distribution of all materials received from AllOFMP3.com. This responsibility is dependent on the national legislation in each user's country of residence. The Administration of AllOFMP3.com does not possess information on the laws of each particular country and is not responsible for the actions of foreign users.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)