Does this look dodgy>?

perpetual motion 15:54 23 Mar 2009

im after buying a r card for my [email protected] nintendo ds & i came accross this website that has a english flag on the left hand side of the home page which would indicate they could be english however looking more into it i found this:

click here

click here

they seem to not want to give there real name here>?
has anyone had any issues with them>?

tullie 16:03 23 Mar 2009

Does the site tell you where they are located,ive never used them.
By the way,Its not an English flag.

xania 16:07 23 Mar 2009

I see you can pay via PayPal which implies some sort of safety net, but I not too sure about a company who you can only contact by an unstated e-mail address. Try dropping them an e-mail asking a question about returns and see how they respond.

Pine Man 16:11 23 Mar 2009

They may be Canadian.

wiz-king 16:45 23 Mar 2009

They are Canadian.
I would not use them as I dont like sites with no postal address or telephone number.

Clapton is God 16:46 23 Mar 2009

First simple rule - if the site doesn't give a street address or telephone number - steer well clear.

Second simple rule - if the site scatters awful English around its pages - steer well clear (in spite of the Union flag displayed on the home page).

Kevscar1 18:54 23 Mar 2009

Import Duties and Taxes
- Ndsr4card ships out all of products as a "GIFT" and writes down a lower value of product on custom declaration form to avoid import duties.

That is illegal and if found out by Customs and excise they could sieze the good and you as the importer could be charged with smuggling

gazzaho 14:34 24 Mar 2009

Another simple rule - When in doubt stay out.

If you're suspicious it's for a reason, instincts are good follow them and you'll seldom go wrong.

beeuuem 09:52 25 Mar 2009

The site does not conform to UK law. click here That alone should be cause for alarm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?