Does this laptop have wireless Lan?

VNAM75 19:25 05 Aug 2010

Its an Asus click here

It states: LAN/Modem 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN built-in but on a similiar model there is WLAN built. I would have thougt all laptops have it nowadays?

The cpu is an Intel Pentium Dual Core T4400 2.2GHz. It is below the core2duo and core i3 - is there a lot of performance difference and should I pay £70 extra to get one with an i3 cpu?

Why wont it work 19:43 05 Aug 2010

It doesn't explicitly say that it has wireless, but I really cannot imagine a modern laptop selling for ~£400 would not have it. As you say, other similar models have it, so I expect they've forgotten to list it. Perhaps best to ask just in case?

The T4400 isn't a bad processor even if is a little old now. It will run 'everyday' tasks easily, but of course the i3 would be better still (and comes with marginally better graphics). Just depends really on whether your needs really warrant the extra speed and cost- or perhaps you just fancy the latest and greatest?

VNAM75 19:49 05 Aug 2010

Thats what I thought. I'll email them, thanks.

The T4400 would be more than enough for what I'll be using it for - office 2007 and internet. But I just want to make sure I get the best possible value for money so was just wondering if an i3 was worth £70 extra.

BRYNIT 19:59 05 Aug 2010

From the review and specs click here it is wireless enabled.

VNAM75 20:19 05 Aug 2010

Thanks

keef66 12:02 06 Aug 2010

Along with a Lenovo, that was on the shortlist for my son who's off to uni in September. I'd have had the Asus, but in the end he chose the Samsung R530 from Amazon. Similar spec, slightly cheaper, strange red snakeskin effect lid! The T4400 cpu is pretty zippy; I doubt you'd be disappointed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?