Do banks accept euros as deposits?

VNAM75 13:49 15 Nov 2008

If they do, is the rate better than what you would get at a travel bureau?

Clapton is God 14:44 15 Nov 2008

Your question is a contradiction.

Travel bureaus change money for different currencies; they do not take money as deposits.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

canarieslover 15:34 15 Nov 2008

At the moment they would probably accept your old boots and give you a good exchange rate for them. Only thing they don't want are £ notes. They are dropping in value like a stone.

VNAM75 16:09 15 Nov 2008

"Travel bureaus change money for different currencies; they do not take money as deposits" - thats why I asked if "Banks" would accept euros and credit my account with £s. The buy back rate from travel bureaus is unfavourable compared to what they sell to you at.

"What exactly are you trying to achieve?" - My bank to accept euros into my account. They must handle euros every day (at least via head office).

I know it was unlikely but was just curious. The pound has dropped quite a bit against the euro so I've benefited.

laurie53 19:19 15 Nov 2008

Why don't you ask your bank?

mikef. 20:36 15 Nov 2008

Should do, I once deposited Dollars I had left over from a holiday

lofty29 11:27 16 Nov 2008

The buy back rate is always lower than that at which you first converted them,unless of course the rates change dramatically, how do you think they make their profits?? They will take any favourable currency but will effectively make some charge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?