Dixons Prices

Genius1 17:48 28 Dec 2006

I'm looking to buy the JVC GZ-MG505EK hard drive camcorder online from a well known retailer with OK customer service.

Dixons are offering this camcorder at a price of £668.11 inc VAT and free delivery compared to £799.87 inc VAT and free delivery with Currys. Can Dixons price be correct as they are both part of DSG Retail?

Jackcoms 17:50 28 Dec 2006

Why not speak to Currys/Dixons and point out this apparent DSG 'discrepancy' to them - and haggle?

oresome 18:03 28 Dec 2006

Dixons on-line prices are often cheaper than other DSGI prices.

As it'a an on-line only part of the group, perhaps it has less overheads and runs it's own P&L account.

rickf 09:56 29 Dec 2006

You will also get it at the net price at Dixons and Currys if you spaek to them.

Genius1 10:19 29 Dec 2006

Yes, I thought that because Dixons no longer has any stores that they may be able to offer products at cheaper prices. Thanks for your help everyone.

paddy75 12:42 29 Dec 2006

Genius1,look here i have used this company before and would highly reccomend it. click here Paddy

Genius1 12:49 29 Dec 2006

I have looked at this site and have seen the attractive price before. I was put off as it was not a company I have heard of before. How quickly and efficiently was your order delt with? Thanks.

paddy75 19:17 29 Dec 2006

Genius1,sorry i didn't get back to you just back online,as i said i have used them before and would again,have a look at some of the reviews here. click here Paddy

kindly 19:33 29 Dec 2006

similar thing with me. On PCW web site a printer I looked at was £59:99 if you ordered it online to pick up at the store. In the shop it was £79:99. I booked it online and when I went to collect at the store they tried it on, saying that it was wrong. They went on line to find out if I was right. Dont know why there should be such a difference in pricing because you take a few minutes to order it to collect at the store. Still I saved £20.

terryf 20:06 29 Dec 2006

I found out today that although Currys have large notices in store to say they won't be beaten on price in fact the small small print says 'with stores within a 10 miles radius' They won't compete in store with web prices although other stores like Jessops do

Genius1 18:21 30 Dec 2006

Thanks everyone, I've placed my order with Purely Gadgets.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?