Dissapointment with PC Advisor

bpu01 16:47 19 Jul 2007

I have purchased PC advisor for many years.
Some years ago i took subsciption via their telephone sales. I now subscibe by my online acount.
Every six months i get a call from 0207 925 3600 asking me to re-new my subsciptio. I tell them everytime that i have a online current annual subsciption and can they stop calling me. They always say that my details have been removed for marketing calls but i keep getting the calls.
This is starting to p**ve me off now.
I have had a stressful day today with my child being in hospital. I am currently awaiting a very imnportant phone call from our medical team. Guess what, them idiots from PC Advisor sales rang me to re-new my subsciption. I have again told them i have an annual online subsciption and can they stop calling me. Again sorry i have put a note on the screen to stop this.
Can someone from PCAdvisor take control of this and stop bothering me. I use to have a very high opinion of PC Advisor and the great help they normally provide. What is the point of a privacy poilicy as it does not work.

tom_d 17:41 19 Jul 2007

Thank you for your email. I am sorry to hear that you have received a call that you do not wish to receive. To clarify, can you confirm that you have a print subscription - if so this should certainly not be happening.

If you do not have a print subscription (you mention an annual online subscription, but this is not available), it may explain why you have received the calls.

Alternatively it will be a glitch on your record which means that the correct box has not been ticked. I can assure you that this is a very rare occurance, and if you send me a private reply with your name and contact details, I will arrange for this to be dealt with immediately.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience caused, and as soon as I have heard from you I will be in a position to deal with your enquiry.

Kind regards

Tom
Subscriptions Manager

bpu01 18:24 19 Jul 2007

tom_d
Many thanks for your speedy response.

I currently subscribe for 12 issues of the PC Advisor magazine with DVD which is sent to me by post.

I was suprised 6 months ago when a lady called to discuss subscibing to PCAdvisor and when i told her that my subscription is upto date and can they stop calling me, she said i would have to write to the publisher for this request?

I will email you from the "contact" link at the bottom of this web page with my details.

Once again many thanks for your speedy response.

Forum Editor 18:27 19 Jul 2007

Don't do that - email Tom personally. Click on the small envelope next to his name, and that will enable you to send a message to him.

bpu01 18:46 19 Jul 2007

Forum Editor

"Don't do that - email Tom personally. Click on the small envelope next to his name, and that will enable you to send a message to him."

Sorry for being a complete dummy. You would think after claiming to regularly read the magazines over the years i would have by mow have some online knowledge.

laurie53 20:29 19 Jul 2007

Nah! It's this rubbishy mag you read!

(It's a joke FE!)

grumpygramp 13:50 20 Jul 2007

Tom D will sort it . I can vouch for him sorting a problem for me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone