Dispute between company and PArcelforce

mikeben121 21:29 15 Oct 2007

I am asking in anticipation of a problem.

I sent a NAS back to manufacturer to be replaced under an RMA. Parcelforce say they have delivered it, the company say it has not been received. I have a POD from Parcelforce but the company then say that person does not work there.

Anyone got any experience / ideas /legal advice on how I would proceed?

This hasn't finished happening yet but I can see the writing on the wall!

Forum Editor 22:20 15 Oct 2007

the goods are returned at your risk, and the risk remains yours until the package is received by the supplier.

If somebody at the supplier's premises signed for the package it doesn't matter whether that person was authorised to do so - Parcelforce obtained a signature, and the goods have been delivered. It's not up to you to provide any further proof of delivery.

Write to the company and tell them that you expect them to meet their obligation to you in terms of a replacement or a refund. Tell them that you have evidence of delivery, and that unless you receive a confirmation of replacement/refund within seven days you reserve your right to take further action for recovery.

mikeben121 22:34 15 Oct 2007

Thanks for that advice. The question will arise if the company deny any knowledge of the person concerned which given the name signed "McCoo" is likely. My two year old nephew can write his name better than the signatur on the POD!

wee eddie 22:46 15 Oct 2007

Then it's between them and the GPO as the GPO appear to have proof of delivery.

I think it's time to take advice from your local Trading Standards. I would say no more till I had shown them all the evidence and got their say-so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?