Disgruntled With Dabs.com

Sibbo 19:03 12 May 2007

I ordered a Canon Scanner and paid for Saturday delivery as both my wife and I work during the week. Orders are delivered up to 6pm, but mine has not arrived. I tried to ring the carriers number, only to hear a recorded messgae that stated they shut at 1pm. Dabs chat is also shut. To top it all, I have just tried to complete the Dabs Customer Satisfaction Survey, only to be met by a screen that states I have already completed it. which is complete and utter nonsense! I have e-mailed Dabs and stated that I am totally disappointed with the level of service given by their company, and stated that I feel that the least they can do, is reimburse me the additional cost for the Saturday delivery that did not happen. I have also told them to contact me to re-arrange a delivery day/time. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

Forum Editor 19:17 12 May 2007

especially on a Saturday, when you don't have a chance to do anything about it.

You've paid for a saturday de;ivery, and it hasn't happened - you're entitled to a refund if you now opt for a weekday.

Sibbo 08:53 13 May 2007

What happens if I return home from work on Monday and find that the courier has attempted to deliver it? Thanks

spuds 13:43 13 May 2007

There is a fair chance that the item is at the local distribution depot, waiting for delivery perhaps Monday sometime. If the driver arrives, and no one is available to receive the delivery, then most likely a card will be left, giving further advice or instructions.Watch for this, because most courier companies will only make two attempts at delivering, before returning the goods to the original sender.

Would also suggest that you check with neighbours and the surrounding area, because some couriers will leave items, others will not!.

Sibbo 14:16 13 May 2007

That's my point spuds, I don't want it delivered on Monday. We are at work durig the week hence the reason why I paid extra for the Saturday delivery.

Stuartli 18:11 13 May 2007

You need to make sure first that it is not Dabs to blame - it could be entirely the fault of the courier involved.

Sibbo 18:20 13 May 2007

The courier is working on behalf of Dabs, so surely the responsibility is theirs as they were the point of sale?

Totally-braindead 20:40 13 May 2007

The point is it has already happened.

I appreciate you aren't happy about it and would contact Dabs about a refund for the Saturday delivery charge and when the carrier tries to deliver ask them to do it the next Saturday.

Theres no use crying over spilt milk as Saturday is passed and theres no way you can change what has happened.

The only other thing you can do is tell Dabs that you no longer wanted it as they didn't deliver when they said they would and will buy elsewhere.

I don't think either company will accept the fault was theres and they will blame each other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?