Director MX 2004

Mysticnas 09:34 06 Jul 2005

Hi all,

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but thought Consumer watch was probably best bet.

I've been using director since director 8 and currently use director MX. I have at times dabbled in Flash, but i've always preffered Director.

Why is it that Macromedia make these two packages which are almost identical? Is it a business strategy to make more money?

Can anyone tell me what you can do in Flash that you can't in Director and vice versa?

I've been reading the new blurb about Director MX 2004 on Macromedia site. They say that Diretor can handle large media files very well with its memory management system etc, and that with Flash you can develop interactive buttons objects.

So what really can you do in Flash that you can't do in Director? I only know 3 people personally that use both, but they don't use either to their full potential.

With the incorporation now of Java script, the possibilities of using java applets and launching Java files.

I'm a bit of a JAVA programmer too see, but i'm not sure how java scripting will work in this new Director. Does anyone know?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?